Marathon Mondays | Half Marathon Humpdays
Training season is in full swing for the St. Jude Country Music Marathon & ½ Marathon presented by Nissan. Whether you’re training for 26.2 miles or 13.1 miles your training needs to be properly fueled, and who better to treat those deserving taste buds than PF Changs? Register during the month of February for your distance of choice, and add some fuel to your training!
How to Earn Fuel!
Register for the Marathon on Monday’s in February, and become automatically entered to win a $20 PF Changs gift card! 10 winners will be selected at random each Tuesday, and revealed on Facebook.
- Use online code: MARATHON
- Code expires each Monday in February at 11:59 pm (PST)
Half Marathon Hump-Day
Register for the Half Marathon on Hump-days (aka Wednesdays) in February, and become automatically entered to win a $20 PF Changs gift card! 10 winners will be selected at random each Thursday, and revealed on Facebook.
- Use online code: HALFMARATHON
- Code expires each Wednesday in February at 11:59 pm (PST)
Hungry for training tips?
Competitor.com is a great training resource for all levels and distances of runners. Below are some of our favorite training articles to keep you swinging through training.
Marathon Training Tips
- Is Running 26.2 Miles Necessary Before Racing The Marathon? Find the balance between the optimal training schedule and getting the most enjoyment from your running.
- Is Carb-Loading Necessary Before A Marathon? Pre-race carb loading is good for you, according to the results of a new study.
- Train To Race By Training And Racing Simultaneously. Have fun and boost your fitness by incorporating races into your workouts.
Half Marathon Training Tips
- The Case For Cross Training. Many studies have found no significant difference in the aerobic benefits of running, cycling and combined running and cycling regimes. High volume doesn’t always have to mean high mileage.
- Running Your First Half Marathon. Training for your first half marathon is not as hard as it sounds.
- A New Approach to Mental Training. A psychotherapist offers a way to keep you running in the zone.
- Saturday, April 26, 2014
- Marathon Wheelchairs* - Time: 7:00am
- 1/2 Marathon Wheelchairs* - Time: 7:00am
- Marathon Start - Time: 7:00am
- 1/2 Marathon Wave Start - Time: 7:00am
- Mini Marathon - Time: 6:45am
- Sunday, April 28, 2013
- ING KiDS ROCK Nashville - Time: 2:00pm
* The Marathon and 1/2 Marathon Wheelchair start times are for racing wheelchairs ONLY. Participants racing in everyday wheelchairs will start at the regular start times and be assigned corrals based on their projected finish times. NO hand-cycles will be allowed.
First-timer or Boston-bound, the marathon and half marathon courses are scenic, fun and aligned with spectators! Live bands, cheer squads and friendly volunteers add inspiration to every mile.
- Expo Dates
- Thurs. - Fri., April 24-25, 2014
- Expo Hours
- April 24: TBD
- April 25: TBD
- Expo Location
- Nashville Convention Center [ map ]