Rock the Relay
Rock ‘n’ Roll Providence 2-Person Half Marathon Relay
Enjoy all of the half marathon fun, just a shorter run!
Runners of all capabilities can enjoy the half marathon experience by grabbing a partner and running. Join the new sect of running enthusiasts and register your Relay team today!
Relay participants will be treated to all of the half marathon perks including: commemorative finisher’s medal, Brook’s technical participant tee, swag bag and most importantly, a rockin’ half marathon memory.
Relay Teams are encouraged to wear costumes and get into the spirit! Have fun and rock the run!
By the Numbers
- # of teams- 150
- 2-Person teams
- 2 Legs:
- 1st Leg = approximately 5 miles
- 2nd Leg = approximately 8 miles
- 1st Leg = approximately 5 miles
*subject to change
- Official Relay Finisher’s Medal
- Brooks Technical Tee
- Swag bag
- ChronoTrack timing tag
- Special race bib
- Post-race beer at the Finish Line Festival
- Rock ‘n’ Roll branded baton: Each team member will be issued a commemorative Rock ‘n’ Roll branded baton, one of which will be designated as the official “team baton” for the race
- Access to the Finish Line Festival and Headliner Concert
The first relay member will run the first leg with the commemorative Rock ‘n’ Roll Relay drumstick in hand. The exchange will take place at Lippitt Memorial Park; and from there the second relay member will run the drumstick through to the finish line at Francis Street along the State House Grounds.
Participants will be responsible for their own transportation for the relay. The first leg runner will proceed to the Start Line at Gaspee Street in front of the State House and may park at Providence Place Mall. The 2nd leg runner will proceed directly to the Relay Transition point at Lippitt Memorial Park. There will be ample street parking near the Relay transition point. Detailed relay instructions will be sent via e-mail and will be made available on our Website as race day gets closer.
- 3 Divisions
- Male: For teams comprised of two males
- Female: For teams comprised of two females
- Mixed: Also referred to as “coed.” This division is for teams comprised of male and female
Registration and Packet Pick-up
- Relay Registration is only available online and closes August 12, 2012.
- $125 per team (June 1 – July 31 or sell out)
- $145 per team (Aug 1 – August 12 or sell out)
- No expo registration
- Captain must set-up team and pay for all members at time of registration. Each team member will need to register online by August 12, 2012 to be eligible to participate.
- Participants must be at least 12 years old.
- Each team is required to have 2 members.
- Each relay member must attend the Health & Fitness Expo to pick up their race bib, timing tag, T-shirt, swag bag and baton. You are not allowed to pickup for your teammate.
- Photo IDs are required. All registered participants must bring their confirmation sheet.
- Race day packet pick-up is not available.
As a policy, all entries are non-refundable and non-transferable. If you have registered for the half marathon and now want to run the relay, you will have to register for the relay separately. You will not receive a refund for the half marathon.
Relay participants who complete the entire half marathon or marathon instead of the designated relay distance will be disqualified from the race, deemed ineligible for awards and prizes and banned from all Competitor Group event indefinitely.
Step-by-Step Online Registration Instructions
Online Team Registration Instructions – Team Captains
The Team Captain creates the team, registers both participants, and pays for the team. Please follow these steps:
- Visit the Rock ‘n’ Roll Providence Registration page, click the “Continue Registration” button.
- Click to “Create a 2-Person Half Marathon Relay Team”.
- Returning users can use their Race It e-mail address and password, while first time users will need to “Create an Account”.
- Complete all required fields for Team Information and click “Continue”. Choose “Yes” if you will be one of the Relay team members and “No” if you are registering 2 other participants.
- Once you click Continue, you will receive an e-mail from firstname.lastname@example.org to manage your team if you do not complete your registration in one sitting.
- Complete all required fields for Team Member 1 and click “Continue”. Complete additional required fields for Team Member 1 and click “Continue”.
- Click “Add a Member” on the Team Manager page to register Team Member 2.
- Complete all required fields for Team Member 2 and click “Continue”. Complete all additional required fields for Team Member 2 and click “Continue”.
- Confirm both team members are listed correctly and click the “Checkout” button.
- On the Checkout page, enter Credit Card Information and click “Review Payment”.
- Review your information and complete your purchase.
- You will receive a Confirmation Receipt on the screen; print that out for your records.
Both the team captain and team member will receive an email within two weeks before the event to download final instructions and confirmation sheets.
Please call 800-311-1255 and ask for the Registration Department if you have any questions or concerns.
- Sunday, September 29, 2013
- Time: 7:00am - 1/2 Marathon Wave Start
* The 1/2 Marathon Wheelchair start times are for racing wheelchairs ONLY. Participants racing in everyday wheelchairs will start at the regular start times and be assigned corrals based on their projected finish times. NO hand -cycles will be allowed.
Runners will enjoy scenic water views along the final mile of the course, as they head back downtown to the finish line and post-race concert on the State House grounds! Bands will be stationed at every mile to set the pace for a 13.1 block party.
- Finish Line Festival with music, food & beverages
- Headliner Concert immediately after race at Finish Line