10 Years Running: Steve Coons
Give it up for Steve Coons and the Family Band!
“The annual PF Chang’s Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon is a welcome reprieve from the winter doldrums of the Midwest. Add the weather, good friends, and great hospitality; it makes it a no-brainer decision to leave winter behind for a week.
I always look forward to seeing if the family band is still playing on the driveway along 44th St. just south of Camelback. One year on a chance, I just sent a thank you note to the house with the driveway stage. As surprised as they were to get my note, I received a reply back, telling how much fun their neighborhood has watching and making a party with the event. And they confirmed the band was a neighborhood family with a dad and his five kids rocking along 44th St. If I moved to Phoenix, I know what neighborhood I would move to!”
-Steve Coons, 10 Year Runner
Steve! We’re sure that if you ever did make the move the family band along 44th street would shortly gain a new band member. Keep rocking!
P.F. Chang’s Rock ‘n’ Roll Arizona
- Saturday, January 19, 2013
- KiDS ROCK Arizona
- Sunday, January 20, 2013
- Bike Tour Start - 7:15 am
- Half Marathon, Relay & Mini Start - 7:50 am
- Marathon Start - 7:50 am*
* The Marathon and 1/2 Marathon Wheelchair start times are for racing wheelchairs ONLY. Participants racing in everyday wheelchairs will start at the regular start times and be assigned corrals based on their projected finish times. NO hand -cycles will be allowed.
- Coming Soon
- Coming Soon