10 Year Runner: Vince Lester
Racing Across Generations
After the inaugural race, I was hooked on running P.F. Chang’s Rock ‘n’ Roll Arizona Rock ‘n’ Roll annually. My nine years running include three full marathon and six half-marathon finishes. Every year is a fantastic experience and unique in its own way. However, my favorite was the 2012 race when I ran with my youngest son, who at age 17 competed in his first half-marathon and my Mom, who at age 66 walked her way to the half-marathon finish line. Three generations completing the half-marathon distance in the same race is an uncommon event and an experience I will cherish forever.
-Vince Lester, 10 Year Runner
Wow! Most families have a difficult time getting three generations to converse at the dinner table, let alone getting three generations to finish a half marathon together. Congrats to the whole family!
P.F. Chang’s Rock ‘n’ Roll Arizona
- Saturday, January 19, 2013
- KiDS ROCK Arizona
- Sunday, January 20, 2013
- Bike Tour Start - 7:15 am
- Half Marathon, Relay & Mini Start - 7:50 am
- Marathon Start - 7:50 am*
* The Marathon and 1/2 Marathon Wheelchair start times are for racing wheelchairs ONLY. Participants racing in everyday wheelchairs will start at the regular start times and be assigned corrals based on their projected finish times. NO hand -cycles will be allowed.
- Coming Soon
- Coming Soon