Subaru Smile Zone
Subaru XV Crosstrek RUFFest Lap
Take a Lap. Earn a medal. Help animals.
Subaru is bringing you the “Subaru XV Crosstrek RUFFest Lap!” Stop by the bright orange Subaru Love a Pet tent display, inside the lobby doors in the South Hall at the Los Angeles Convention Center, and take a lap around the all-new Subaru XV Crosstrek. You’ll get a really cool medal to take home and $1.00 will be donated to a local LA County animal shelter. If you think it’s “RUFF” to run a marathon, think of animals that are waiting in shelters for loving, forever homes. The lap you take will make their lives a bit brighter as they wait for a companion adopter. It’s a win, win!
The needs are many in local shelters. We are also accepting un-used pet supplies and will be filling the Subaru XV Crosstrek with these items to be donated to local LA County animal shelters. Help us fill the Subaru XV Crosstrek with:
- Chew Bones for teeth and exercise
- Big Rawhide bones
- Small Collars & harnesses for dogs less than 35 lbs.
- Small crates & carriers
- Cardboard carrying kennels for cats
Subaru is the Presenting Sponsor of Team ASPCA. Team ASPCA is also the benefiting charity of Rock ’n’ Roll Los Angeles. Team ASPCA runners have worked hard raising funds for animal welfare. Be sure to look for the bright orange singlets of these marathoners and help us cheer them on! Volunteers from J.K. Livin will be distributing thunder sticks at the start and finish line areas to help cheer on all of the marathoners.
After you finish, come visit the Team ASPCA Bark Park. The Subaru XV Crosstrek on display will continue to accept donations for local area animal shelters. Join Team ASPCA for pet adoptions in the Team ASPCA Bark Park located at Figueroa St. & 11th St.
Run through the Subaru Smile Zone and Share Your Race Photos!!!
Your friends have followed your training, now take them with you on course! Sign up for the Subaru Smile Zone to instantly share a photo on your Facebook page during the race!
- Before race day, sign up for the Subaru Smile Zone. You’ll be allowing our app to read your timing chip and post a photo as you run through.
- No need to post yourself during the race! We take care of the Facebook upload as soon as you run by!
- Photos will be taken at mile 9.9 of the Half Marathon course, in a clearly marked “Subaru Smile Zone” lane.
- If you can’t sign up now visit booth #938 at the Health & Fitness Expo to sign up on site.
Our friends at Marathon Foto will also be on course to help you capture your race - you’ll be able to view and order official race photos from MarathonFoto after the race.