Stay Cool On Race Day
The Sports Medicine Team wants you to have a great, safe and healthy race. PLEASE fill out the Medical Information on the back of your race bib.
Here are a few tips for running in warm weather:
- Do not push yourself. Run at a comfortable pace and ease up if you feel warm.
- Eat salted foods. Add a salt pack to a cup of fluid and drink it at the Start and another half way through the race. Salt packets will be available at the start and can be found on course at water station 6 (mile 8.4) and water station 12 (mile 18).
- Don’t over-drink. Drink when you are thirsty and no more.
- Use spray stations and sponges along the course to cool off.
- If you are warm and don’t feel right, stop at a medical station to get checked out.
Keep an eye out for the following cooling stations on course:
- All water stations will have spray hoses to cool down runners as they pass by
- An Ice/Sponge Station at miles 11.6 (half), 20 (full) and 24 (full)
- Cooling buses located at miles 10.9, 14.9, 17.3 and 24.1
- Ice towels will be available at the Finish Secure Zone
Visit our website for more information and stop by the Health & Fitness Expo presented by Garmin to listen to Dr. PZ Pearce speak. Dr. Pearce will be available for questions at the medical information booth during expo hours.
In the event temperatures rise above a safe degree to run in, tail vehicles will be in place to transport participants to the finish.
The Rock ‘n’ Roll Sports Medicine Team