What Should I do in San Francisco?!
As a top-ten vacation destination in the world, there is no shortage of things to do and see in San Francisco.
Travel blogs and trip advisors galore will point out the “main” San Francisco points of interest. By all means, if you have not checked these sights off the list yet, make sure to hit a few during your time here!
- Golden Gate Bridge (although you will be crossing it on your run!)
- Ride a Cable Car (or run/jog next to one?)
- Take a ferry to Alcatraz (don’t get stuck in a cell over night!)
We know that are runners are of the adventurous bunch- so here are a few less touristy spots that will provide some WOWs, as well as help you break a sweat!
- The Wave Organ- An acoustic sculpture in the Bay provides incredible views and music made by the waves. Best at high tide (approx. 5:15 am) so grab some coffee and get out there! (1 Yacht Rd., North of Marina Green)
- Climb the Moraga Steps to Grand View park- Climb the 160+ Mosaic steps to the top of Grand View park featuring 360 degree views of the city (16th Ave. & Moraga St.)
- Explore Land’s End Trail and find the labyrinth- Beautiful, wide trails, picturesque views, and a neat labyrinth (El Camino Del Mar & 32nd Ave.)
- Embrace your inner child at the Seward Street Slides- Opens at 10 am, grab some cardboard, get up the stairs, hang on and take the plunge! (Seward St. & Douglass St.)
San Francisco locals- let us know on Facebook some of YOUR favorite sites or trails that we left off! Will will continue to add your recommendations to this page, so sound off so we can ensure that all of our out of town runners fall in love with your city!
- Sunday, April 7, 2013
- Half Marathon: 7:00 AM*
- *subject to change