Chicago Training Partners
Whether you are a first timer or a seasoned veteran, achieve your goals with the help of a local training group. Programs include daily training plans, twice weekly group runs, lots of camaraderie and support and much more. Don’t train alone, register today!
From first-timers to experienced runners looking to set a PR, the CARA Summer Half Marathon Training Program will help you achieve your goals! This expertly designed program includes a day-by-day training plan for your target race, free Training Peaks tracking, speed workouts, fully supported long runs, camaraderie and more! Don’t leave your training to chance. Let our experience be your guide. Training begins in May at a number of city and suburban locations. Join us today!
- 11-weekend group training runs at a variety of paces led by experienced and knowledgeable CARA Group Leaders
- Individualized coaching available, at no extra cost, from accomplished runners and CARA coaches
- 7:30/mile to walk/run training paces available
- 5 locations in the city and suburbs to chose from
- Free Online training tracking with Training Peaks
- A booklet with your training schedule and tips
- Weekly training tips
- Mid-week group runs
- CARA Summer Half Marathon Training Program technical top
- Free speed training sessions with Coach Bill Leach
- Private gear check on race day
Chicago Endurance Sports
- Two group training sessions every week led by experienced coaches & pacers.
- FREE Training Peaks online training schedule & log
- Daily Training Schedule tailored specifically to your experience, goals and fitness to avoid injury and assure success.
- Run and Run-Walk training programs geared to all levels.
- Cool CES technical running shirt ($35 value) and runner I.D. for safety on the path
- Weekly e-newsletter with training tips, important race information and inspiration to keep training
- Indoor gear check and bathrooms at every training session
- CES Team tent on race day with VIP gear check, post race goodies and plenty of pre-race support and guidance from your coaches
All this at a price that is less than a few skim lattes every week!
For more information please visit our website,
www.ChicagoEnduranceSports.com or call us at 866-237-7861
Remaining healthy throughout your training is the key to crossing the finish line on race day. Here are some tips from AthletiCo, Official Orthopedic Rehabilitation Provider for the Rock ‘n’ Roll Chicago Half Marathon.
Tips to Correct Overstriding
Overstriding is a common mistake that many recreational runners make. Overstriding results from the foot landing too far out in front of the runner as they make contact with the ground. The runner has no other choice but to land on the heel with their leg nearly straight in the extended position. The force of impact will travel up the skeletal system and result in an abundant force along the knee joint, which can result in injury. Read More
Tips to Avoid Overtraining
In addition to proper stretching, strengthening, nutrition, and a gradual increase in weekly mileage, it is important that runners understand that overtraining often leads to injury. Replacing one or two weekly runs with other aerobic activities, such as elliptical workouts, cycling, or swimming, will give your joints a break from repetitive impact and allow for continued cardiovascular improvement. Read More
Stretching is an important part of training for any sport, but it is also useful for maintaining general flexibility for daily activities. There are different ways to stretch, from being very general to specific stretches for a specific activity. Regardless of how you stretch, the purpose of stretching is to lengthen soft tissue structures, thereby increasing range of motion.
These are a few stretching basics to know: Read More
AthletiCo Physical and Occupational Therapy offers all race participants a COMPLIMENTARY INJURY SCREENING for any aches and pains encountered during training or following the race. AthletiCo understands it’s about starting lines and finish lines, not sidelines. Visit www.athletico.com for more information.