Chicago Mini Marathon
The Rock ‘n’ Roll Chicago 5K Mini Marathon returns for its second year running! Feel the excitement of 13.1 miles in a 5K distance. Experience the Rock ‘n’ Roll race day thrill and an epic Finish Line Festival. Check out the Mini course!
Already signed up for the Half Marathon? Get your spectators involved! Sign them up for the Mini Marathon and they can run and then meet you at the finish line. It’s a great way to enjoy all the race day benefits together!
Important 5K Mini Marathon Information
Please make note, the 5K Course splits to the RIGHT within the first ½ mile of the race course. You will turn right from N. Columbus Dr. onto E. Wacker Drive; watch for signage in the tunnel.
You should be prepared to turn right by starting on the right hand side of your corral.
The 5K and Half Marathon share a start line and both begin at 6:30 AM with a wave start.
The 5K will not be timed, though there will be timing clocks at the start line, 1/2 way point, and finish line.
Date: July 21, 2013 Time: 6:30 am
Registration and Packet Pick-up
- Online registration closes July 14, 2013.
- Mini Marathon Registration will be limited. If spots are open, registration may be available at the Health & Fitness Expo.
- Participants must be at least 8 years old.
- Each participant must attend the Health & Fitness Expo to pick up their race number, and T-shirt.
- Photo IDs are required. All registered participants must bring their confirmation sheet.
- Race day packet pick-up is not available.
As a policy, all entries are non-refundable and non-transferable. You will not receive a refund for the half marathon.
Switching from the Half Marathon to the Mini Marathon**
- Before the event deadline: If you would like to switch from the Half Marathon to a Mini Marathon, simply email this request along with your first name, last name, the mailing address that you registered with, and your new predicted finish time to Customer Service.
- After the event deadline: If you decide to switch from the Half Marathon to the Mini Marathon, simply show up to the Mini Marathon start line on race morning and your timing tag will reflect the change. You can visit the corral change table in the Check-In area of the Expo for information on the appropriate corral to start in.
Switching from the Mini Marathon to the Half Marathon**
- Before the event deadline: Upgrades from a Mini Marathon to the Half Marathon will be accepted only via phone by calling 1-800-311-1255. The early upgrade fee is $10 plus the cost difference between the current Half Marathon fee and the fee that was paid at the time of the original registration. (processing fee is not used in calculating price difference)
- After the event deadline: If you would like to switch from a Mini Marathon to the Half Marathon you will need to pay a upgrade fee at the Expo. Please pick up your half marathon race number and proceed to the “Upgrade” table. You will be charged $10 plus the cost difference between the Half Marathon expo fee and the fee that was paid at the time of the original registration. (processing fee is not used in calculating price difference)