The Rock ‘n’ Roll Savannah Marathon & ½ Marathon finisher medal hunt begins on Tuesday, October 29th and ends on Friday, November 1st. Clues will be provided each starting Tuesday morning at 8:00 am and will follow each subsequent morning; clues will be provided through event social media and local media outlets WTOC and Savannah Morning News. Treasure hunters will be searching for one of the event finisher medals and a laminated card upon which will be directions for claiming the prize. The card will be hidden on private or public property and will be able to be seen without digging, damaging, or disturbing any property. If the items are not found by Friday, November 1st one additional clue will be given on Monday, November 4th.
The contest is open to anyone and no purchase is necessary to enter.
- Marathon Medal – $262.00 – MEDAL FOUND!
- Half Marathon Medal – $131- MEDAL FOUND!
- Relay Medal – $65- MEDAL FOUND!
Medal #1: Medal found in Troup Square! Congratulations to Robert D!
- Turtles are considered to be a sign for good luck. We know where you can find 6 of them! You’ll need that luck when it comes to findin’ that medal!
Medal #2: Medal found in Forsyth Park! Congratulations to Aimee G!
- God Bless America and all who have fought for our country. Find our “medal of honor” amongst this honorary piece of land in Savannah.
- Retreat to the trenches! Make sure you don’t get trench foot when you are stompin’ around trying to locate that medal.
After 26.2 miles our marathoners will be happy to see this tree filled site on November, 9th
Medal #3: Medal found at 24e! Congratulations to Julia R!
- Every town is known for somethin’! This medal lies in a part of town that is known Nationwide to be home to a LARGE amount of history.
- Search this street for that silly Sponge living in a Pineapple! He just might be hiding that medal.
After a hard day’s work downtown, stop in to find something to rest your head on. You just may find a shiny medal stuffed under a pillow.