Both the Half Marathon and Marathon courses have strict course time limits per the rules and regulations of the City of Raleigh. The Half Marathon has a time limit of 4 hours, and the Marathon has a time limit of 7 hours. The race will utilize a wave start, and the time limits will begin when the last runner crosses the start line. If you are falling behind pace prior to the marathon course cutoff locations below, you will be asked to get in the tail vehicle and be transported forward so the roads may be reopened in a timely fashion.
Marathon Cutoff Times and Locations are as follows:
1. Mile 8.5 (Full/Half Marathon Split) by 9:50 am
- All Marathoners who have not reached mile 8.5 by 9:50 am will be diverted to the Half Marathon course instead of starting the marathon only loop. This diversion route cuts 13.1 miles from the course.
2. Mile 11.8 (Trinity Rd & Peter Karmanos Jr Dr) by 10:40 am
- All Marathoners who have not reached mile 11.8 by 10:40 am will be diverted to cut off the loop around PNC Arena. This diversion route cuts off 1 mile from the course.
3. Mile 14.5 (Edwards Mill to Reedy Creek Rd) by 11:22 am
- All Marathoners who have not reached mile 14.5 by 11:22 am will be diverted to head west on Edwards Mill. Diversion route cuts off 2.5 miles from the course