Rock ‘n’ Roll DC Course Cutoffs
Both the Half Marathon and Marathon courses have strict course time limits per the rules and regulations of the District of Columbia. The Half Marathon has a time limit of 4 hours, and the Marathon has a time limit of 5.5 hours. The race will utilize a wave start, and the time limits will begin when the last runner crosses the start line. If you are falling behind pace prior to the marathon course cutoff locations below, you will be asked to get in the tail vehicle and be transported forward so the roads may be reopened in a timely fashion
Marathon Cutoff Times and Locations are as follows:
1. Mile 12.3 (Full/Half Marathon Split) by 10:40 am
- All Marathoners who have not reached mile 12.3 by 10:40 AM will be diverted to the Half Marathon course instead of starting the marathon only loop (Left on North Carolina Ave). This diversion route cuts 13.1 miles from the course.
2. Mile 15.1 (S. Capitol St/Nationals Stadium) by 11:15 am
- All Marathoners who have not reached mile 15.1 by 11:15 am will continue straight on S. Capitol and cross the Douglass Bridge instead of running the out and back section on Potomac Ave. This diversion route cuts off 2 miles from the course.
3. Mile 19.8 (Anacostia Roller Rink Loop) by 12:15 pm
- All Marathoners who have not reached mile 19.8 by 12:15 pm will be diverted to turn right onto Nicholson instead of completing the Anacostia Roller Rink Loop. Diversion route cuts off 1.2 miles from the course
4. Mile 22.2 (Fort Dupont Park) by 12:45 pm
- All Marathoners who have not reached mile 22.2 (Randle Circle) by 12:45 pm will be diverted to turn left on Minnesota Ave SE instead of continuing through Randle Circle to the Fort Dupont Park entrance. Diversion route cuts off 2 miles from the course
Marathon cut off timeline is based on the following:
- All marathon runners crossing the start line by 8:00 am
- A 12:36 per mile pace (5.5 hour pace)