Kids, Get Ready to Rock!
Saturday, January 19, 2013
NEW LOCATION! - Tempe Beach Park, Tempe, AZ
Time: 9:00 am
Finishing a marathon is child’s play with KiDS ROCK Arizona – a one-mile fun run for children in grades K – 6. This non-competitive, non-timed event is all about having fun and making it to the finish line.
Participants can become full marathon finishers by completing a 25.2-mile training program prior to January 19th or they can just run, walk or jog the one-mile course on race day. Every child is a winner and will be rewarded with an official race number, T-shirt, goodie bag, and colorful medal – just for finishing!
Run with your Friends!
School/Team registration is now open. There is no fee to be a team, however you need a minimum of 10 registered participants. Being an official KiDS ROCK Team allows your team name to be listed in our registration system and allows you to pick-up your student’s race numbers and t-shirts. Please complete the online Intent To Form a Team Application.
For questions regarding team registration, please contact Pam at email@example.com.
- Registration Information
- Race Day Schedule
- Course Information
- Race Number Pick Up at the Expo
- Contact Us
$25 Individual – grades K-6 (Now thru 11/30/12)
- $30 Individual – grades K-6 (12/1/12 thru Expo)
*Race day registration is not available.
*Parents and/or Chaperones may choose to run with their kids, but do NOT need to register.
- Entry fees are NON-REFUNDABLE and entries are NON-TRANSFERABLE. No exceptions. Once we receive and accept your entry, you will not receive a refund if you cannot participate. You may not give or sell your race number to anyone else. You also may not transfer your application to the following year or to another Competitor Group event.
- Official Race Number
- Finisher’s Medal
- Goodie Bag
Each age group race is limited to 800 participants and will close when full. Online registration and hard copy entry forms will be accepted until each individual grade group race is closed.
6th Grade – Purple Numbers 9:00 am
5th Grade – Green Numbers 9:10 am
4th Grade – Orange Numbers 9:20 am
3rd Grade – Blue Numbers 9:30 am
2nd Grade – Yellow Numbers 9:40 am
1st Grade – Red Numbers 9:50 am
Kindergarten – White Numbers 10:00 am (half-mile run)
*Kindergarten distance is a half mile run.
**Start times may be altered slightly to provide a safe race experience for all kids. Each age group race is limited to 800 participants and will close when full.
***Times are subject to change
Kids will enjoy the final mile of their marathon on an energetic, fun filled course! Participants can rock out with live entertainment and relish in the glory as they cross the finish line. There, kids will receive a hard-earned finisher’s medal and be able to feast on healthy post-race refreshments.
The Start and Finish Line
Tempe Beach Park – course map
KiDS ROCK Training Guide and Activities Booklet
As participants in KiDS ROCK Arizona, you can become a marathon finisher by accumulating 25.2 miles of a marathon at your own pace over a span of 4,6 or 8 weeks with guidance from your parents or teachers. To get you groovin’ – check out the KiDS ROCK Training Guide where you will learn to set goals and discover that running is fun!
Let the fun begin at the free Health & Fitness Expo presented by Fox10 and My45. Kids can pick up all their race essentials, including race numbers, T-shirts, and goodie bags, plus check out over 130 exhibitors sampling and selling the latest in health and nutrition products, running gear and much more.
All race numbers must be picked up at the Expo. Race number pick-up is not available on race day.
Friday, January 18th – 12:00 pm – 7:00 pm
- $25 donation sponsors a child in need to run in the KiDS ROCK “Marathon”
- $50 donation sponsors a child in need to participate in a year long health and fitness program
Enjoy the all fun without the run! Volunteers needed!
Check back for more information.
- Saturday, January 19, 2013
- KiDS ROCK Arizona
- Sunday, January 20, 2013
- Bike Tour Start - 7:15 am
- Half Marathon, Relay & Mini Start - 7:50 am
- Marathon Start - 7:50 am*
* The Marathon and 1/2 Marathon Wheelchair start times are for racing wheelchairs ONLY. Participants racing in everyday wheelchairs will start at the regular start times and be assigned corrals based on their projected finish times. NO hand -cycles will be allowed.
- Coming Soon
- Coming Soon