Arizona: Road Closures
Information regarding the 2015 P.F. Chang’s Rock ‘n’ Roll Arizona Marathon, Half Marathon, 10K, & 5K road closures is now available. More information will be posted as available. Information provided on this page is subject to change.
- Road Closure Grid*
- Full/Half/10K Course Map*
- 5K Course Map*
- Course Map with Access Information *
- Access Notes for Course Map *
*Requires free Adobe Reader to view and print
Be Aware. Plan Ahead.
Drivers are encouraged to adjust travel time within and around the race course.
- The Mini Marathon has officially changed to a 10K are back again this year, it will use roads already closed for the marathon and 1/2 marathon. It will start at 7:50 am with the Half Marathon on E. University Ave, follow the same course for 2 miles, then turn onto the Tempe Lake Path, before finishing in Tempe Beach Park. All events will finish near Mill Ave and Rio Salado Parkway in Tempe Beach Park.
- The P.F. Chang’s Rock ‘n’ Roll Arizona Marathon & 1/2 Marathon will bring more than 25,000 runners and walkers to Phoenix, Tempe and Scottsdale, in addition to tens of thousands of spectators, family and friends.
- To get the most out of your weekend and minimize stress, be aware of the road closures in your area and plan ahead for an alternate route or added travel time.
- Join the festivities! Phoenix, Tempe and Scottsdale residents are encouraged to visit the free Health & Fitness Expo on at the Phoenix Convention Center, volunteer during race weekend and/or line the course to cheer runners.
Interactive Road Closure Map
This map outlines the road closures, highlights alternate routes and provides access information for popular destinations which will be affected by road closures during the race. At most points along the course, pedestrians and bicyclists may cross the course during safe gaps in runners. Please follow the discretion of a traffic controller if present. Google Maps does NOT take into account the road closures on race day. To request assistance with alternate directions please contact the Rock ‘n’ Roll marathon community relations team by completing the community contact form.
Valley Metro Transit Detours
METRO light rail will operate on race weekend and with an enhanced schedule on race morning. There will be slight service delays once the races start. Several METRO bus routes will be on detour during the race. For more information visit valleymetro.org or call (602) 253-5000.
Most road closures and detours will be in effect between the hours of 6:00 am and 3:30 pm. At 6:00 am, Police and event personnel may implement a soft closure along the entire race course. At most points along the course, pedestrians and bicyclists may cross the course during safe gaps in runners. Please follow the discretion of a traffic controller if present. All races on Sunday will start at 7:50 am, and streets will reopen on a rolling basis as soon as the last participant has passed and all course support materials have been removed. Streets along the earlier miles of the route will open earlier than roads along the end of the route. Please review the road closure grid and course map for more information. Residents and businesses located near the race course are urged to plan ahead and to be aware of road closure schedules and alternate access routes.
Streets along the race course will be marked with No Parking signs. Vehicles in violation of these posted signs will be ticketed and towed at the owners’ expense.
For More Information
If your question is not answered on this website, please complete this community contact form so we may better assist you.