Arizona: Road Closures
Information for the 2013 P.F. Chang’s Rock ‘n’ Roll Arizona Marathon & Half Marathon is now available. Information on this page is subject to change.
*Requires free Adobe Reader to view and print
Be Aware. Plan Ahead.
Drivers are encouraged to adjust travel time within and around the race course.
- New in 2013 are the Bike Tour and Mini Marathon, they will use roads already closed for the marathon and 1/2 marathon. The Bike Tour will start prior to the Marathon at 7:15 am in downtown Phoenix and follow approximately 20 miles of the Marathon course. The Mini Marathon will start at 7:50 am with the Half Marathon on Mill Avenue, follow the same course for 2 miles and turn into the finish on the Tempe Lake Path. All events will finish near Sun Devil Stadium on the ASU campus.
- The P.F. Chang’s Rock ‘n’ Roll Arizona Marathon & 1/2 Marathon will bring more than 25,000 runners and walkers to Phoenix, Tempe and Scottsdale, in addition to tens of thousands of spectators, family and friends.
- To get the most out of your weekend and minimize stress, be aware of the road closures in your area and plan ahead for an alternate route or added travel time.
- Join the festivities! Phoenix, Tempe and Scottsdale residents are encouraged to visit the free Health & Fitness Expo on at the Phoenix Convention Center, volunteer during race weekend and/or line the course to cheer runners.
Interactive Road Closure Map
This map outlines the road closures, highlights alternate routes and provides access information for popular destinations which will be affected by road closures during the race. Google Maps does NOT take into account the road closures on race day. To request assistance with alternate directions please contact the Rock ‘n’ Roll marathon community relations team by completing the community contact form.
Valley Metro Transit Detours
METRO light rail will operate on race weekend and with an enhanced schedule on race morning. There will be slight service delays once the races start. Several METRO bus routes will be on detour during the race. For more information visit valleymetro.org or call (602) 253-5000.
Most road closures and detours will be in effect between the hours of 6:00 am and 3:30 pm. At 6:00 am, Police and event personnel may implement a soft closure along the entire race course. The Bike Tour will begin at 7:15 am and all other races at 7:50 am, and streets will reopen on a rolling basis as soon as the last participant has passed and all course support materials have been removed. Streets along the earlier miles of the route will open earlier than roads along the end of the route. Please review the road closure grid and course map for more information. Residents and businesses located near the race course are urged to plan ahead and to be aware of road closure schedules and alternate access routes.
Streets along the race course will be marked with No Parking signs. Vehicles in violation of these posted signs will be ticketed and towed at the owners’ expense.
For More Information
If your question is not answered on this website, please complete this community contact form so we may better assist you.
- Saturday, January 19, 2013
- KiDS ROCK Arizona
- Sunday, January 20, 2013
- Bike Tour Start - 7:15 am
- Half Marathon, Relay & Mini Start - 7:50 am
- Marathon Start - 7:50 am*
* The Marathon and 1/2 Marathon Wheelchair start times are for racing wheelchairs ONLY. Participants racing in everyday wheelchairs will start at the regular start times and be assigned corrals based on their projected finish times. NO hand -cycles will be allowed.
- Coming Soon
- Coming Soon