Chicago: Road Closures
Information for the 2013 Xsport Fitness Rock ‘n’ Roll Chicago Half Marathon presented by Humana Vitality is available. Information provided on this page is subject to change.
*Requires free Adobe Reader to view and print
Be Aware. Plan Ahead.
Drivers are encouraged to adjust travel time within and around the race course.
- The XSport Fitness Rock ‘n’ Roll Chicago Half Marathon will bring more than 20,000 runners and walkers to Chicago, in addition to tens of thousands of spectators, family and friends.
- To get the most out of your weekend and minimize stress, be aware of the road closures in your area and plan ahead for an alternate route or added travel time.
- Join the festivities! Chicago residents are encouraged to visit the free Health & Fitness Expo at McCormick Place, volunteer during race weekend and/or line the course to cheer runners.
Interactive Road Closure Map
This map outlines the road closures, highlights alternate routes and provides access information for popular destinations which will be affected by road closures during the race. Google Maps does NOT take into account the road closures on race day. To request assistance with alternate directions please contact the Rock ‘n’ Roll marathon community relations team by completing the community contact form.
Most road closures and detours will be in effect between the hours of 6:00 am and 11:15 am. At 6:00 am, Police and event personnel may implement a soft closure along the entire race course. After the race starts at 6:15 am the streets will reopen on a rolling basis as soon as the last participant has passed and all course support materials have been removed. Streets along the earlier miles of the route will open earlier than roads along the end of the route. Please review the course map and road closure grid for more information. Residents and businesses located near the race course are urged to plan ahead and to be aware of road closure schedules and alternate access routes.
Streets along the race course will be marked with No Parking signs. Vehicles in violation of these posted signs will be ticketed and towed at the owners’ expense. A complete list of No Parking Zones will be posted soon.
For More Information
If your question is not answered on this website, please complete this community contact form so we may better assist you.
- Schedule of Races
- Date: July 21, 2013
- Half Marathon Start Time: 6:30 AM Mini Marathon Start Time: 6:30 AM
First-timer or inspired to qualify for a Seeded Start Corral in the Bank of America Chicago Marathon, this half marathon course is flat, fast and fun. Live bands, cheer squads and themed water stations add inspiration throughout the course.
- Finish Line Festival with music, food & beverages
- Headliner Concert immediately after race at Finish Line