Cleveland: Road Closures
Information is now available for the Rock ‘n’ Roll Cleveland Half Marathon on Sunday, October 6, 2013. More information on no parking areas, access lanes, metering points and alternate directions will be available in coming months. Information on this page is subject to change. Downloads
*Requires free Adobe Reader to view and print Be Aware. Plan Ahead. Drivers are encouraged to adjust travel time within and around the race course.
- The Rock ‘n’ Roll Cleveland Half Marathon will bring over 8,000 runners and walkers to the Cleveland area, plus thousands of spectators, family and friends.
- To get the most out of your weekend and minimize stress, be aware of the road closures in your area and plan ahead for an alternate route or added travel time.
- Join the festivities! Residents of the metro area are encouraged to volunteer at the Health & Fitness Expo on October 4-5, the start or finish line on October 6, or line the course to cheer runners.
Road Closures Most road closures and detours will be in effect between the hours of 7:15 am and 1:00 pm. The race begins at 8:00 am. At most points along the course, pedestrians and bicyclists may cross the course during safe gaps in runners. Please follow the discretion of a traffic controller if present. Streets will reopen on a rolling basis when the last participant passes and course support materials are removed. Streets along the early miles of the route will reopen sooner than roads near the end of the route. Please review the road closure grid and course map for more information. Residents and businesses located near the race course are urged to plan ahead and to be aware of road closure schedules and alternate access routes. Interactive Road Closure Map This map illustrates the road closures. In coming months, it will show access information for popular destinations affected by road closures during the race. At most points along the course, pedestrians and bicyclists may cross the course during safe gaps in runners. Please follow the discretion of a traffic controller if present. Google Maps does NOT take into account the road closures on race day. To request assistance with alternate directions please contact the Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon Series community relations team by completing the community contact form. No Parking Streets along the race course will be marked with No Parking signs. Vehicles in violation of these posted signs will be towed and relocated to a nearby location. View a complete list of No Parking Zones here.
Alternate Access Routes for Tremont
Coming to Tremont:
- From the east: Exit westbound I-90 onto 14th St. Proceed to destination on 14th or turn left onto Fairfield, Kenilworth or Starkweather to meter across run route on W 11th.
- From the south: Exit northbound I-71 at 247A/Quigley Rd/W 14th St. Merge right on Quigley at round-about. Turn left on W 3rd St. Turn left on Jefferson Ave. Turn right on W 7th St. Park and walk or turn left on College Ave to meter across run route on Professor.
- From the west: Exit eastbound I-90 onto W 25th St. To reach west side of Tremont, go straight on Wade Ave. Turn left on Scranton Rd. Turn right on Starkweather, Kenilworth or Fairfield. Meteracross run route on W. 11th. To reach east side of Tremont, turn right on W 25th St. Turn left on Clark Ave. Turn left on Quigley Rd. Turn left on W 3rd St. Turn left on Jefferson Ave. Turn right on W 7th St. Park and walk OR turn left on College Ave and meter across run route on Professor.
- To head east: Cross run route at Professor and College. Turn right on W 7th St. Turn left on Jefferson Ave. Turn right on W 3rd St. Turn right on Quigley Rd. To reach I-90 East follow Quigley, turn left on Steelyard Drive, take ramp south of Target to I-90 East.
- To head south: Follow directions above to Quigley. Continue on Quigley through round-about to W 14th St South. Take left lane entrance to I-71 South.
- To head west: Cross run route on Starkweather, Kenilworth or Fairfield at W 11th St. Turn left on Scranton Rd. Turn right on Barber Ave. Take immediate left on westbound I-90 ramp or turn left on W 25th to reach I-71 ramp.
Alternate Access Routes for Detroit Shoreway & Gordon Square Arts District
- To exit: From Church Ave, turn right on W 25th, then left on Franklin Ave which becomes Carter Rd. Follow Carter.Turn right on Scranton. Turn right on Barber. Turn left on I-90 West ramp or continue on Barber & turn left on W 25th to reach I-71 South. From Lutheran Hospital: turn left on W 25th & follow same directions.
- To enter: Exit eastbound 490/90 at W 25th. Turn left on Scranton. Turn left on Carter which becomes Franklin Ave. Turn right on W 25th to reach Church Ave OR left on W 25th to reach Lutheran Hospital.
Cross Points During the race, traffic officers will use discretion in allowing vehicles to cross the course at these controlled intersections. Expect delays and plan travel accordingly—preferably early or late in race when gaps between runners are longer.
|Street Closed||Cross Intersection|
|E. 12th St||Superior Ave E|
|Detroit Ave||W. 58th St|
|Franklin Blvd||W. 50th, 52nd, 54th, and 57th Streets|
|W. 11th St||Fairfield, Kenilworth and Starkweather Avenues|
|Professor Ave||College Ave|
For More Information If your question is not answered on this website, please complete this community contact form so we can better help you.