Denver: 2-Person Half Marathon Relay
The 2-person half marathon relay is BACK for 2014! Enjoy all of the half marathon fun, just a shorter run! Runners of all capabilities can enjoy the half marathon experience by grabbing a buddy and running. Partner up with a fellow running enthusiast and register your Relay team today!
Relay participants will be treated to all of the half marathon perks including: commemorative finisher’s medal, Brook’s technical participant tee, swag bag and most importantly, a rockin’ half marathon memory.
Relay Teams are encouraged to wear costumes and get into the spirit. Have fun and rock the run!
By the Numbers
- # of teams- 500
- 2-Person teams
- 2 Legs:*
- 1st Leg Distance – 8.3 miles
- 2nd Leg Distance – 4.8 miles
*subject to change
- Official Relay Finisher’s Medal
- Brooks Technical Tee
- Swag bag
- ChronoTrack timing tag
- Official race bib
- Post-race beer at the Finish Line Festival
- Rock ‘n’ Roll branded baton: Each team member will be issued a commemorative Rock ‘n’ Roll branded baton, one of which will be designated as the official “team baton” for the race
- Access to the Finish Line Festival and Headliner Concert
The first relay member will run the first leg with the commemorative Rock ‘n’ Roll Relay drumstick in hand. The exchange will take place at the designated relay transition zone W 29th Ave & Zuni; and from there the second relay member will run the drumstick through to the finish line on Bannock Street between 14th Ave and Colfax Ave.
- 3 Divisions
- Male: For teams comprised of two males
- Female: For teams comprised of two females
- Mixed: Also referred to as “coed.” This division is for teams comprised of male and female
*Relay participants who complete the entire half marathon or marathon instead of the designated relay distance will be disqualified from the race, deemed ineligible for awards and prizes and banned from all Competitor Group event indefinitely.
Step-by-Step Online Registration Instructions
Online Team Registration Instructions – Team Captains
The Team Captain creates the team, registers both participants, and pays for the team. Please follow these steps:
- Visit the Rock ‘n’ Roll Denver Registration page , click the “Continue Registration” button.
- Click to “Create a 2-Person Half Marathon Relay Team”.
- Returning users can use their Race It e-mail address and password, while first time users will need to “Create an Account”.
- Complete all required fields for Team Information and click “Continue”. Choose “Yes” if you will be one of the Relay team members and “No” if you are registering 2 other participants.
- Once you click Continue, you will receive an e-mail from email@example.com to manage your team if you do not complete your registration in one sitting.
- Complete all required fields for Team Member 1 and click “Continue”. Complete additional required fields for Team Member 1 and click “Continue”.
- Click “Add a Member” on the Team Manager page to register Team Member 2.
- Complete all required fields for Team Member 2 and click “Continue”. Complete all additional required fields for Team Member 2 and click “Continue”.
- Confirm both team members are listed correctly and click the “Checkout” button.
- On the Checkout page, enter Credit Card Information and click “Review Payment”.
- Review your information and complete your purchase.
- You will receive a Confirmation Receipt on the screen; print that out for your records.
Both the team captain and team member will receive an email within two weeks before the event to download final instructions and confirmation sheets.
Please call 800-311-1255 and ask for the Registration Department if you have any questions or concerns.
Registration and Packet Pick-up
- Relay Registration is available online NOW and closes October 12, 2014 or by sell out date.You can also register at the Expo.
- $150 per team(through 5/31/14 or sell out)
- $160 per team (6/1/14 – 8/30/14 or sell out)
- $170 (8/1/14-10/12/14 or sell out)
- Captain must set-up team and pay for all members at time of registration. Each team member will need to register online by October 12, 2014 or sell out to be eligible to participate.
- Participants must be at least 12 years old.
- Each team is required to have 2 members.
- Each relay member must attend the Health & Fitness Expo to pick up their race bib, timing tag, T-shirt, swag bag and baton. You are not allowed to pickup for your teammate.
- Photo IDs are required. All registered participants must bring their confirmation sheet.
- Race day packet pick-up is not available.
As a policy, all entries are non-refundable and non-transferable. If you have registered for the half marathon and now want to run the relay, you will have to register for the relay separately. You will not receive a refund for the half marathon.
Shuttles will be available from Finish Line to 10k Start Line/Relay Exchange point. Shuttles will run from 5:30am-11am.
10k Start Line/Relay Exchange Point: 29th & Zuni
Finish Line: Civic Center Park, 14th Avenue