LOOKING FOR MORE BLING IN 2014? MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THE 2014 HEAVY MEDAL PROGRAM COMING SOON…
Rock The Tour & Collect Heavy Medals!
Think you can rock more than one? Collect some serious extra bling when you finish two or more Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon Series races in a single calendar year (Jan-Dec 2013). Earn multiple Heavy Medals in one year by completing additional events! Plus, complete specific race challenges and earn Special Heavy Medals. What are you waiting for? Check out the 2013 Heavy Medal lineup and get rocking!
- Complete two or more 2014 Rock ‘n’ Roll North American Tour Stops to start earning Heavy Medals. Only North American Tour Stops are counted toward your total.
- Only half marathon or marathon completions qualify. The Brooklyn 10K also qualifies as one event. Relay, Mini Marathon, Bike Tour and other ancillary events are not counted.
- No application required. You’ll receive your medal in the mail within 8-10 weeks after your qualifying race. Once you reach Rock Star status (5+), you’ll receive an email invitation the week of the race to pick up your award at the finish line.
- Sign up using a Raceit.com account to make Rock ‘n’ Roll race registration easy. Already registered for races without an account? Not a problem – just make sure to use the same name and date of birth on all registrations.
- Register using the same first and last name, and date of birth for all races.
- Register with an address where you can receive mail. Medals sent to an incorrect or outdated address will not be re-sent. Think yours is old? Send an address update request. Then, update your Raceit.com profile address for future registrations.
- Still have a question? It may already be answered – check out the Heavy Medals FAQ.
Rock Them All!
For the serious Heavy Medalist only, TourPass Unlimited or TourPass Global are your ticket to a full year of Rock ‘n’ Roll! Simply pay once, pick your stops, and start your tour. Check out the TourPass page to sign up and plan your 2014 tour.
Join The Mosh Pit.
Talk Rock ‘n’ Roll with other Heavy Medalists and get the scoop on the latest Heavy Medal bling on the Heavy Medals Facebook page.
Competitor Group, Inc. reserves the right to change the qualifications, terms, award designs, and artwork presented here at any time.
Complete two qualifying 2013 events
Complete three qualifying 2013 events
Complete four qualifying 2013 events
Complete five qualifying 2013 events
Complete six qualifying 2013 events
Complete seven qualifying 2013 events
Complete ten qualifying 2013 events
These Special Heavy Medals are awarded for completing specific event challenges. See more about each challenge and how to qualify below!
PACIFIC PEAKS (New for 2013!)
Complete the Rock ‘n’ Roll Portland Half Marathon on May 19th, 2013 and the Rock ‘n’ Roll Seattle Marathon or Half Marathon on June 22nd, 2013 and receive the special Pacific Peaks Heavy Medal!
NOTE: This medal is awarded after you finish the race in Seattle. You will receive an email with pickup instructions the week of the event if you qualify.
DESERT DOUBLE DOWN
Complete the Rock ‘n’ Roll Las Vegas Marathon or Half Marathon on November 17th, 2013 and the P.F. Chang’s Rock ‘n’ Roll Arizona Marathon or Half Marathon on January 19th, 2014 and receive the special Desert Double Down Heavy Medal!
NOTE: This medal is awarded after you finish the race in Arizona. You will receive an email with instructions to pick up your award if you qualify.
Awarded for completing one European and one North American event, OR two European events. Please visit the World Rocker website for a full list of eligibility requirements and more information on how to qualify!
Do I need an account on RaceIt to receive Heavy Medals?
When you register for Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon Series events, you have the option to create an account through the RaceIt.com registration system. We strongly recommend you use an account during registration to ensure your information is consistent between registrations.
I registered online for one event and then at an expo for another. Will I still receive Heavy Medals?
Yes, but make sure to use the same name and date of birth for each registration. Be mindful of hyphens, abbreviations and spelling. If you have two registrations with different information, we will not be able to match your race completions and things will get confusing quickly.
I registered with a charity. Will this registration count toward Heavy Medals?
Yes, but make sure to use the same name and date of birth. Be mindful of hyphens, abbreviations and spelling. If you have two registrations with different information, our awards system probably won’t send you anything shiny.
Heavy Medals Not Received
I have not received my medal. How can I check the status?
Please allow at least 8-10 weeks to receive your award. Medals are typically shipped 4 weeks after your qualifying event, and typical delivery time after shipment is 3-4 weeks. All awards are shipped via USPS 3rd Class. Around holidays and other busy periods, medals delivery may be delayed.
If you have not received your medal after this time frame, please contact us.
Common Reasons Medals are NOT Received
- The mailing address listed during registration for your qualifying event was incorrect or out-of-date
- Your name or date of birth differed between registrations
- You didn’t complete the half or full marathon distance
- The finishing time for one of your races wasn’t recorded properly.
Not sure the problem? Contact us and we’ll help you figure it out.
My Heavy Medal was sent to an old address. Can I still receive it?
We always send medal awards to the address listed on your qualifying race registration. If this address was incorrect or out-of-date, we will not send you a replacement medal. To avoid this issue, please ensure that your address is current and correct during registration. If not, contact us prior to the event and we’ll assist you in updating it.
I should have received a Heavy Medal in a past year. Can I still receive it?
Heavy Medals may be requested up to 6 months after the qualifying event, but are only offered as supplies last. Medal designs and inventory change on a yearly basis, so we don’t typically carry Heavy Medals from previous years.
I did not pick up my Rock Star (or greater) after my qualifying race – can I still receive it?
If you did not pick up your medal award after the qualifying race, please contact us. Heavy Medals may be requested up to 6 months after the qualifying event, but are only offered as supplies last.
Are Heavy Medal awards affected by the event distance I completed?
Only half marathon or marathon events are counted toward Heavy Medal qualification. The Rock ‘n’ Roll Brooklyn 10k is also counted as a qualifying event. Relay, Bike Tour, Mini Marathon, and other ancillary events do not count toward Heavy Medal awards.
Will I receive a Heavy Medal after every additional marathon and ½ marathon or will I only receive one for the highest level attained?
You will receive a Heavy Medal for completing two or more qualifying Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon Series events. As you complete additional events you will qualify for additional medals – see the How It Works for more information.