Las Vegas: Road Closures
Information regarding the 2012 Zappos.com Rock ‘n’ Roll Las Vegas Marathon and ½ Marathon to benefit the Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation of America road closures is now available. Information provided on this page is subject to change.
- Road Closure Grid*
- Course Map*
- Suggestions on how to cross the strip during the race*
- Alternate access to WEST side Las Vegas Blvd hotels*
- Alternate access to EAST side Las Vegas Blvd hotels*
- Alternate access to DOWNTOWN hotels*
*Requires free Adobe Reader to view and print
Be Aware. Plan Ahead.
Drivers are encouraged to adjust travel time within and around the race course. Please note that there have been slight course modifications since last year’s event, so please plan accordingly.
- The Zappos.com Rock ‘n’ Roll Las Vegas Marathon and ½ Marathon to benefit the Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation of America will bring tens of thousands of runners and walkers to Las Vegas, in addition to thousands of spectators, family and friends.
- Back again this year, the marathon and half marathon courses will be run at night!
- Start times have been moved earlier in 2012. The full marathon begins at 3:00 pm and the half marathon begins at 4:30 p
- Get the most out of your weekend and minimize stress, be aware of the road closures in your area and plan ahead for an alternate route or added travel tim
- Join the festivities! Las Vegas residents are encouraged to visit the free Health & Fitness Expo at the Sands Expo & Convention Center, volunteer during race weekend and/or line the course to cheer runners.
Interactive Road Closure Map
This map outlines the road closures, highlights alternate routes and provides access information for popular destinations which will be affected by road closures during the race. Google Maps does NOT take into account the road closures on race day. To request assistance with alternate directions please contact the Rock ‘n’ Roll marathon community relations team by completing the community contact form.
Most road closures and detours will be in effect between the hours of 2:00 pm and 11:00 pm on Sunday, December 2. Between 2:00 pm and 3:00 p.m., Police and event personnel may implement a soft closure along the entire race course. The streets will reopen on a rolling basis as soon as the last participant has passed and all course support materials have been removed. Streets along the earlier miles of the route will open earlier than roads along the end of the route. Please review the road closure grid and course map for more information. Residents and businesses located near the race course are urged to plan ahead and to be aware of road closure schedules and alternate access routes.
Regional Transportation Commission
RTC riders should expect detours and delays on race day, from approximately 1:30 pm to 11:00 pm. Due to marathon road closures, The Deuce and Strip & Downtown Express service on Las Vegas Blvd will operate on detour during this time; regular routing will resume as soon as roads are opened. For additional information before race day, click here to view their detour routes, or call RTC Customer Service at 228-7433 (RIDE) or visit rtcsnv.com.
Streets along the race course will be marked with No Parking signs. Vehicles in violation of these posted signs will be ticketed and towed at the owners’ expense.
A list of no parking zones can be viewed here.
For More Information
If your question is not answered on this website, please complete this community contact form so we may better assist you.
- Sunday, November 17, 2013
- Full Marathon: Time 4:30 pm
- Half Marathon: Time: 4:30 pm
The marathon and half marathon courses are as flat and festive as they come – perfect for runners and walkers of all ability levels.Complete Course Information
- Location: Las Vegas Convention Center
- Dates: Friday, November 15- Saturday, November 16, 2013
- Expo Hours: Friday- 11:00am-7:00pm Saturday- 10:00am-8:00pm
- Pasta Party - Nov. 16th
- Pre-Race Concert - Nov. 17th
- Run Wedding Ceremony - Nov. 17th
- Pre/Post Race Parties - TBD