Los Angeles: Road Closures
Information regarding the 2013 Rock ‘n’ Roll Los Angeles Halloween Half Marathon benefiting the ASPCA road closures will be available soon. Information provided on this page is subject to change.
- Road Closure Grid*
- Course Map*
- No Parking Zones*
*Requires free Adobe Reader to view and print
Be Aware. Plan Ahead.
The race course has not changed since last year, but drivers are still encouraged to adjust travel time within and around the race course.
- The Rock ‘n’ Roll Los Angeles Halloween Half Marathon will bring approximately 15,000 runners and walkers to Los Angeles, in addition to thousands of spectators, family and friends.
- To get the most out of your weekend and minimize stress, be aware of the road closures in your area and plan ahead for an alternate route or added travel time.
- Join the festivities! Los Angeles residents are encouraged to visit the free Health & Fitness Expo at the Los Angeles Convention Center, volunteer during race weekend and/or line the course to cheer runners.
Interactive Road Closure Map – **Coming Soon!**
This map outlines the road closures, highlights alternate routes and provides access information for popular destinations which will be affected by road closures during the race. Google Maps does NOT take into account the road closures on race day. To request assistance with alternate directions please contact the Rock ‘n’ Roll marathon community relations team by completing the community contact form.
Most road closures and detours will be in effect between the hours of 6:00 am and 12:30 pm. At 6:00 am, Police and event personnel may implement a soft closure along the entire race course. The race begins at 7:30 am. The streets will reopen on a rolling basis as soon as the last participant has passed and all course support materials have been removed. Streets along the earlier miles of the route will open earlier than roads along the end of the route. Residents and businesses located near the race course are urged to plan ahead and to be aware of road closure schedules and alternate access routes.
Metro Bus and Rail
Road closures along the half marathon route will impact Metro bus routes. There will only be minor delays to light rail service. For more detailed routing information please visit www.metro.net or call Metro Customer Service at 323.GO.METRO (323-466-3876).
Streets along the race course will be marked with No Parking signs. Vehicles in violation of these posted signs will be ticketed and towed at the owners’ expense.
There will be a list of no parking areas available soon.
For More Information
If your question is not answered on this website, please complete this community contact form so we may better assist you.
- Sunday, October 27, 2013
- TBA - 1/2 Marathon Wheelchair Start*
- TBA- 1/2 Marathon Wave Start
- TBA - Mini Marathon
* The 1/2 Marathon Wheelchair start times are for racing wheelchairs ONLY. Participants racing in everyday wheelchairs will start at the regular start times and be assigned corrals based on their projected finish times. NO hand-cycles will be allowed.
Loop Course starting at finishing at L.A. LIVE. The course features many downtown L.A. highlights plus an infusion of Rock ‘n’ Roll energy with live bands and cheer squads every mile.
- Finish Line Festival with music, food & beer garden
- FREE Finish Line Headliner Concert at L.A. LIVE