Miami Beach: Event Details
November 18, 2012
Half Marathon: 6:45am Wave Start
2-Person Half Marathon Relay (Leg 1): 6:45am Wave Start
- Time/ Location: 6:45am/Ocean Drive between 9th Street & 10th Street*
- Getting to the Start
- Wave Start
- Gear Check
- One World Running will be at the Health & Fitness Expo presented by Garmin accepting shoe donations
*Start location subject to change
- Course Map
- Turn by Turn
- Course Support
- Time Limits
- Participants must complete the half marathon course within 4 hours or an 18:32 minute mile pace. Those that fall behind the pace time will be picked up and moved farther up on the course and allowed to continue.
- Road Closures
- Pace Teams
- Official Pace Times – 1:45, 2:00, 2:15, 2:30, 2:45, 3:00
- Location: Lummus Park at 6th Street (note, this is a hard-packed sand finish)
- Getting to the Finish
- Secure Zone
- Finish Line Festival – After the race, reunite with family and friends in the Family Reunion area and relish in your post race accomplishment with refreshments and live music at the main stage.
- Celebrate with Michelob ULTRA –Every finisher over age 21: Celebrate your accomplishment with a well-deserved complimentary Michelob ULTRA at the finish line. Important Note: You must have your ID checked and a wristband placed around your wrist in order to receive your beer.
- Beer will be available for purchase at the Michelob ULTRA beer garden on Saturday, November 17th from 10:00am to 5:00pm.
- On Sunday, November 18th, stop by the beer garden from 8:00am to 1:00pm and get your well-deserved free sample while you’re there. Beer will also be available for purchase for $5.
- Family Reunion
- Information Booth | Lost & Found
- Download directions and parking information
- Indicaciones para llegar e información sobre el estacionamento
- Relay transportation
Track Your Runner
Use the pace chart below to find your runner’s projected finish time. Sign up for the Runner Tracking text messaging service at www.competitorwireless.com.
The start and finish lines are both located at Lummus Park on Ocean Drive, which is within walking distance or a short cab ride from many of the South Beach hotels. Consider sending off your runner, then grabbing some coffee or breakfast before crossing the street to the finish line.
Along the Course
Avoid the traffic and chaos of the start line area and cheer your runner on from various points along the course.
- Mile 1.2 – Park at Miami Beach High School off Prairie Avenue and walk south to Dade Boulevard.
- Mile 3 – Park on 41st Street between Alton Road and Meridian Avenue, then walk three blocks south on Alton Road.
- Mile 6.5 – Park at the Shops at Midtown (Miami) located on 36th Street and North Miami Avenue, then walk east to 2nd Avenue.
- Mile 8.3 – Park by the Adrienne Arsht Center for Performing Arts (Miami) off of Northeast 14th Street and Northeast 1st Court. Walk east one block.
- Mile 11.6 – From the start/finish line area, walk west on 5th Avenue to Alton Road approximately half a mile.
Visit www.competitor.com/community for a complete listing of road closures along the course.
Don’t forget to plan to meet your runner after the race in the Family Reunion Area, where large alphabetical signs will be prominently displayed.
Registering is easy! You may register for any Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon in two ways.
- Register Online
- Request an entry form by mail. Please contact us and we will be happy to mail a form to you. All registrations submitted by paper entry form will be charged a $15 Green Fee for processing. We do not accept phone entries.
Please enter only once. If you fax or register online, do not mail a hard copy. Do not send multiple faxes or online entries.
The start line corral system allows for a smooth race start for participants of varying levels. Based on the estimated finish time that you provide on your race entry form, you are assigned a race number and corresponding corral, with other participants of similar running pace.
- Before the event deadline: If you would like to change your corral/predicted finish time for your race, simply email this request along with your first name, last name, the mailing address that you registered with, and your new predicted finish time to Customer Service.
- After the event deadline: If your training has gone better than expected, and you would like to move up to a faster corral, pick up your race number at the Health & Fitness Expo and then proceed to the “Corral Change” table to be re-assigned to the appropriate corral. To move back to a slower corral, simply start in that corral on race morning. No official corral change is necessary.
- Entry fees are non-refundable and non-transferable. No exceptions.
- Once we receive and accept your entry, you will not receive a refund if you cannot participate, you may not give or sell your race number to anyone else, and you may not transfer your entry fee to future races.
- If you attempt to sell your race number, you may be banned from future Competitor Group events for three years.
- You must be at least 18 years old to participate in the Marathon and 12 years old to participate in the Half Marathon or 2-Person Half Marathon Relay. You must be 10 years old to participate in the 10K. You must be 8 years old to participate in the Mini Marathon or 5K.
- You must be in good health and physically prepared to take on the challenge of a Marathon or Half Marathon.
- You must show photo ID to receive your race number and timing chip.
- You must pick up your own race packet and race number at the Health & Fitness Expo.
- Race numbers are required to participate.
- No coaches, handcycles, bikes, in-line skates, skateboards, baby joggers or dogs will be allowed on the course. For more information about handcycles, click here.
- Overall winners will not qualify for their age group category awards.
Registration Refund Program provided by Transamerica
We've got your back if you can't make it with our Registration Refund Progam. For only $10.00 you can request a 100% refund of your registration fee, including processing fee, if you (or your relay team you're a part of) are unable to participate due to covered reasons such as injury, illness, pregnancy and unexpected travel delays. Learn more about what's covered click here. **Purchase of registration refund MUST be done at the time of your original registration, no exceptions
If a registration refund is not purchased at the time of registration, entry fees are NON-REFUNDABLE and entries are NON-TRANSFERABLE. Sorry, no exceptions. Once we receive and accept your entry, you will not receive a refund if you cannot participate. You may not give or sell your number to anyone else. You also may not transfer your application to the following year or another Competitor Group event.
To ensure that roads reopen to vehicular traffic at the scheduled times, the course time limits will be STRICTLY ENFORCED. Participants must maintain a pace faster than the course time limits in order to complete the race on closed city streets. A cut-off location will be enforced on the course; runners or walkers who do not reach the cut-off location by this time will be stopped and shuttled to the finish line area. Please note – this is timing tag time, not gun time. Course time limits begin when the last participant and Tail Vehicle cross the start line.
If a participant’s pace falls below the course time limit, they have a few options:
- Increase their pace to stay within the event minimum pace;
- Board a “sag wagon” shuttle to move forward on the course, where they may continue to participate in the event, maintaining the minimum pace required; or
- If the participant cannot continue, they may board a sag wagon to be dropped off at the next shuttle location, at a nearby medical station. The participant will be seen by a Medical Team captain to be cleared for the medical shuttle to transport the participant to the finish line.
Information Booths will be positioned at the start and finish to assist you with any race day questions and help you find your way. The Information Booths will also serve as the race day Lost & Found. Any valuables found at the start or finish should be turned in to the Information Booth. Items from the start will be transported to the finish.
Any valuable items NOT claimed at the finish by 3 pm will be trucked back to our San Diego office. To claim a lost item after the event, please contact Competitor Group at 800-311-1255.
The Medical Team is a dedicated group of multidisciplinary medical professionals, available to help assess your race day medical needs and administer acute first aid when necessary.
Numerous medical stations will be located at the Finish as well as at the start and along the course. Look for large RED and WHITE tents and for our medical volunteers dressed in RED shirts for complimentary help before, during and after the race.
Age group awards will be presented 3-deep in all divisions, for both the marathon (where applicable) and half marathon, for male and female categories. Top 3 overall male and females are excluded from the age-group awards and can only receive one prize. Awards will be mailed within 4 to 6 weeks of results being finalized. In accordance with USATF Rules, overall and cash awards will be determined by gun time while age group awards will be determined by your ChronoTrack time.
State of the art ChronoTrack systems will be used to record participants’ times at the start, at certain splits along the courses and at the finish. The ChronoTrack system uses a disposable tag, called a D Tag, which allows you to walk away from the finish without the need to have your tag collected.
The ChronoTrack timing tag (D Tag) will be attached to your race bib. The D Tag will be labeled with a number that matches your race number. When you pick up your bib, please make sure these numbers match, and also verify that YOUR name is printed on the bib you are issued*. Proceed to the Solutions Table if any of the information is incorrect.
Prior to the race, you must remove the tag from your number and attach it to your shoe. Please follow the instructions provided in your registration packet.
PLEASE NOTE: All participants in this race must wear the ChronoTrack timing tag on your shoe in order to have their times recorded. ChampionChip timing equipment will NOT be used at this race; ChampionChip timing chips will NOT record your time.
*If you register for the race before online registration closes, your ChronoTrack timing tag should have your name printed on it.
Visit chronotrack.com for more information.
Printable ChronoTrack systems instructions
- Scenic course highlighting host cities famous sites
- Live, local bands along the course
- Spirited cheer squads lining the course
- Brooks Technical Participant Shirt
- Official Finisher Certificates
- Finishers Medal
- Gear Bag
- Plentiful Course Support
- Free Admission to the Finish Line Festival and Post Race Concert (where applicable)
- Free Admission to the 2 day Health & Fitness Expo
In an effort to provide every one of our participants with as comfortable a run as possible, the Wave Start will be incorporated in most Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon Series events.
Participants are assigned to an appropriate corral based on the projected finishing time submitted on their entry form. Typically, there are multiple waves assigned to several of the finishing times. All spectators should be aware of this when organizing their viewing schedule for the day.
- When the gun fires, the first corral will be released. The rest of the participants will be held at the start line.
- At pre-determined intervals the next corral will be released.
- By using this staggered starting method, the pack will be spread out and allow every runner to settle into their racing rhythm from the first step right to the finish line.
Before you enter your assigned corral, drop-off your pre-race/post-race clothing and belongings at the Gear Check. While you run, your gear will be held at Gear Check.
Each participant will receive a large, durable gear bag at the Health & Fitness Expo when you pick up your packet that will serve as your gear bag on race day. Gear Check trucks will be arranged alphabetically and by truck number near the Start Line. Attach your gear tag to your gear bag before you leave it with the Gear Check crew. After the race, reclaim your checked bag at the designated Gear Check area.
Please note: DO NOT leave valuables, cash or jewelry in your gear bag. The event is not responsible for any lost items. Gear bags must be claimed before close of the Finish Line Festival on race day.
Once you cross the finish line, you’ll enter the Secure Zone, a fenced off area designated for participants only. In the Secure Zone, have your photo taken, refuel with water and refreshments and receive your finisher’s medal. Once you leave the Secure Zone, you cannot re-enter. Just outside of the Secure Zone, you can retrieve your gear bag and join family and friends for the Finish Line Festival.
CELEBRATE WITH MICHELOB ULTRA[NM1]
Every finisher over age 21: Celebrate your accomplishment with a well-deserved complimentary Michelob ULTRA at the finish line. Important note: You must have your ID checked and a wristband placed on your wrist in order to receive your beer. Beer will be available for purchase at the Michelob Ultra beer garden on Saturday from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Stop by the beer garden on Sunday from 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. and get your well-deserved free sample while you’re there. Beer will also be available for purchase for $5.
One World Running is an international program promoting an awareness of health, fitness and nutrition by providing running shoes to those in need in the United States and around the world. We also put on 5K walk/runs to foster an environment of exercise and to increase understanding and goodwill between people.
INDICACIONES PARA LLEGAR E
INFORMACIÓN SOBRE EL ESTACIONAMIENTO