Miami Beach: Road Closures
Information about the 2012 St. Jude Latin Music Half Marathon and road closures is available now. Additional information will be posted as available. Information on this page is subject to change.
- The Latin Music Half Marathon will bring more than 5,000 runners and walkers to Miami Beach, plus thousands of spectators, family and friends.
- To get the most out of your weekend and minimize stress, be aware of the road closures in your area and plan ahead for an alternate route or added travel time.
- Join the festivities! Miami and Miami Beach residents are encouraged to visit the free Health & Fitness Expo at Lummus Park in South Beach, volunteer during race weekend and/or line the course to cheer runners.
*Requires free Adobe Reader to view and print
Be Aware. Plan Ahead.
Please review the road closure grid and course map for more information. Residents and businesses located near the course are urged to plan ahead and be aware of road closure schedules and alternate access routes when planning race day travel
Most road closures and detours will be in effect between 6:00 am and 12:00 Noon. Prior to the event, police and event personnel will implement a soft closure along the entire race course. The race begins at 6:45 am. Streets will reopen on a rolling basis as soon as the last participant passes and all course support materials are removed.
Interactive Road Closure Map
This map outlines the road closures, highlights alternate routes, and provides access information for areas that will be affected by road closures during the race. Google Maps does NOT take into account the road closures on race day. For assistance with alternate directions please contact the Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon Series community relations team by completing the community contact form.
Metering Point – South Beach
Cross-traffic will be metered across the route at Washington Ave and 3rd St, at the discretion of traffic controllers. During the race there may be periods of times when the runner pack is especially tight and vehicle traffic may not be able to cross the course immediately. Please expect delays and plan your travel accordingly.
- I-195/Julia Tuttle Causeway: One westbound lane and all eastbound lanes will be open to traffic from 5:00 am to 10:30 am. Onramps for Alton Rd on the Causeway West will be closed during the same time period.
- I-395/MacArthur Causeway: One eastbound and all westbound lanes will be open to traffic from 6:00 am to 12:00 Noon.
- Alton Rd between Dade Blvd and the Julia Tuttle Casueway in Miami Beach: Southbound lanes will be open. Northbound lanes will be diverted to N Bay Rd
- Alton Rd between the MacArthur Causeway and 1st St in South Beach: One southbound lane will be open to traffic.
Road closures along the half marathon route will impact some routes. For more detailed routing information please visit www.co.miami-dade.fl.us/transit/home.asp or call VTA Customer Service at (305) 891-3131; for TTY only (305) 449-8971.
Streets along the race course will be marked with No Parking signs. Vehicles in violation of these posted signs will be ticketed and towed at the owners’ expense. View a list of no-parking areas here.
For More Information
If your question is not answered on this website, please complete this community contact form so we may better assist you.