What is a St. Jude Hero?
Every year, thousands of people across the nation participate in marathons, half marathons, and other endurance events, but only St. Jude Heroes save the lives of children with every step they take.
For the past 50 years, the doctors and researchers at St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital have taken steps toward finding cures and saving children diagnosed with cancer and other deadly diseases. And at St. Jude, no family ever pays for anything.
St. Jude Heroes are the men and women who help us continue our pioneering research and lifesaving care by fundraising as they train and run. Together, we’ve helped push the overall survival rates for childhood cancers from less than 20 percent in 1962 to 80 percent today.
How can you be a Hero?
It’s easy. Select the “Join our team” button below.
Earn Heroic perks:
- Free race entry
- Travel accommodations
- Personal fundraising website to contact friends, accept donations, and track your progress
- Tips for training and fundraising to help you reach your goals
- Invitation to the Heroes pre-race pasta party
- Access to pre- and post- race VIP area
- The one and only Heroes SJMMW singlet
Help us reach $1.8 million
It costs $1.8 million every day to do what we do at St. Jude. Help us continue to find cures and save children by becoming a hero today.
- Saturday, April 26, 2014
- Marathon Wheelchairs* - Time: 7:00am
- 1/2 Marathon Wheelchairs* - Time: 7:00am
- Marathon Start - Time: 7:00am
- 1/2 Marathon Wave Start - Time: 7:00am
- Mini Marathon - Time: 6:45am
- Sunday, April 28, 2013
- ING KiDS ROCK Nashville - Time: 2:00pm
* The Marathon and 1/2 Marathon Wheelchair start times are for racing wheelchairs ONLY. Participants racing in everyday wheelchairs will start at the regular start times and be assigned corrals based on their projected finish times. NO hand-cycles will be allowed.
First-timer or Boston-bound, the marathon and half marathon courses are scenic, fun and aligned with spectators! Live bands, cheer squads and friendly volunteers add inspiration to every mile.
- Expo Dates
- Thurs. - Fri., April 24-25, 2014
- Expo Hours
- April 24: TBD
- April 25: TBD
- Expo Location
- Nashville Convention Center [ map ]