Nashville: Event Details
Saturday, April 26, 2014
- Half Marathon
Start Line Location: Downtown Nashville on Broadway Finish Line Location: LP Field
- Participant Perks
- Registration Options
- Event Guidelines
- For an ADA Accommodation, contact Competitor Group at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-800-311-1255.
- Location: Downtown Nashville
- Getting to the Start
- Wave Start
- Gear Check
- Clothing Pickup: All discarded clothing will be donated to ATRS and will help their charitable entities
The marathon and half marathon courses feature a wave start and are as fun and festive as they come – perfect for runners and walkers of all ability levels.
Mile Markers and Course Clocks Update
- Location: LP Field [ map ]
- Getting to the Finish
- Secure Zone
- Family Reunion
- Information Booth | Lost & Found
Transportation, Directions & Parking
Pre purchased shuttle tickets must be picked up at the Shuttle Booth at the Health & Fitness Expo on Thursday or Friday. Shuttle tickets are still available for purchase at the Expo.
Gaylord Opryland Resort – Roundtrip – $20
- Transportation from the Gaylord Opryland (pick up at Cascade Portico) & Inn at Opryland (pick up at Main Entrance) to the start line in the morning, with a return roundtrip from the finish line back to Gaylord Opryland & Inn at Opryland after the race. (You do not have to be a guest of the hotel to use the shuttle.)
- Shuttles depart from Gaylord Opryland starting at 5am and leaving every 10minutes till 6am
- Shuttles depart from Inn at Opryland at 5:00am, 5:15am and 5:30am
- After the race, return trips to the hotels from the finish line start at 10:00am and run continuously.
Airport Hotels – Roundtrip – $20
- Transportation from the Radisson Hotel & Suites (1112 Airport Center Drive) the Hotel Preston (733 Briley Parkway), and the Airport Marriott (600 Marriott Drive) to the start line in the morning, with a return roundtrip from the finish line back to Radisson, Hotel Preston & Airport Marriott after the race. (You do not have to be a guest of the hotel to use the shuttle.)
- Shuttles depart at 5:00am, 5:15am, 5:30am and 6:00am
- After the race, return trips to the hotels from the finish line start at 10:00am and run continuously.
Midtown – Roundtrip –$20
- Transportation from Midtown to the start line in the morning, with a return roundtrip from the finish line back to Midtown after the race.
- Shuttles depart from the Marriott (2555 West End Ave, Back door lobby on Kensington Place), Hampton Inn (1919 West End Ave, Curbside on Lyle Ave.) and Embassy Suites (1811 Broadway, Curbside main lobby)
- Shuttles depart at 5:15am and 5:30am
- After the race, return trips to Midtown from the finish line start at 10:00am and run continuously
Downtown Hotels – Post Race Only – One Way – $15
- Transportation from the finish line to the Renaissance Hotel (next door to the convention center) after the race.
- Trips to the Renaissance Hotel from the finish line, start at 10:00am and run continuously.
- Free Parking at LP Field will be on a first come first served basis.
- Reserved Parking at LP Field is SOLD OUT and will not be available at the expo.
New for 2015- Personalize your Bib Number!
You can submit 12 characters (including spaces) to be printed on your bib number when you register online before the event deadline. Simply type your message into the Personalize your Bib field during registration. Beware of using symbols as not all symbols will print correctly on bib numbers.
- Switching from a Marathon to a Half Marathon
- Switching from a Half Marathon to a Marathon
- Switching from a Marathon/Half Marathon to a Mini Marathon
- Switching from a Mini Marathon to a Marathon/Half Marathon
**Race changes are only allowed up to 8 weeks prior to race day. Please visit our Event Timelines page for event specific deadlines
- Before the event deadline: If you would like to switch from a Marathon to a Half Marathon, simply email this request along with your first name, last name, the mailing address that you registered with, and your new predicted finish time to Customer Service.
- After the event deadline: If you decide to switch from a Marathon to a Half Marathon, simply show up to the half Marathon start line on race morning and your timing tag will reflect the change. You can visit the corral change table in the Check-In area of the Expo for information on the appropriate corral to start in.
- Before the event deadline: Upgrades from a Half Marathon to a Marathon simply email this request along with your first name, last name and mailing address registered with, and your new predicted finish time to Customer Service. The early upgrade fee is $20.
- After the event deadline: If you would like to switch from a Half Marathon to a Marathon, you will need to pay a $35 ($45 for Rock ‘n’ Roll Las Vegas) upgrade fee at the Expo. Please pick up your half marathon race number and proceed to the “Solutions” table.
- Before the event deadline: If you would like to switch from a Marathon/Half Marathon to a Mini Marathon, simply email this request along with your first name, last name, the mailing address that you registered with, and your new predicted finish time to Customer Service.
- After the event deadline: If you decide to switch from a Marathon/Half Marathon to a Mini Marathon, simply show up to the Mini Marathon start line on race morning and your timing tag will reflect the change. You can visit the corral change table in the Check-In area of the Expo for information on the appropriate corral to start in.
- Before the event deadline: Upgrades from a Mini Marathon to a Half Marathon/Marathon simply email this request along with your first name, last name and mailing address registered with, and your new predicted finish time to Customer Service. The early upgrade fee is $10 plus the cost difference between the current Half Marathon/Marathon fee and the fee that was paid at the time of the original registration. (processing fee is not used in calculating price difference)
- After the event deadline: If you would like to switch from a Mini Marathon to a Half Marathon/Marathon, you will need to pay a upgrade fee at the Expo. Please pick up your half marathon race number and proceed to the “Solutions” table. You will be charged $10 plus the cost difference between the Half Marathon/Marathon expo fee and the fee that was paid at the time of the original registration. (processing fee is not used in calculating price difference)
Registering is easy! You may register for any Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon in two ways.
- Register Online
- Request an entry form by mail. Please contact us and we will be happy to mail a form to you. All registrations submitted by paper entry form will be charged a $15 Green Fee for processing. We do not accept phone entries.
Please enter only once. If you fax or register online, do not mail a hard copy. Do not send multiple faxes or online entries.
The start line corral system allows for a smooth race start for participants of varying levels. Based on the estimated finish time that you provide on your race entry form, you are assigned a race number and corresponding corral, with other participants of similar running pace.
- Before the event deadline: If you would like to change your corral/predicted finish time for your race, simply email this request along with your first name, last name, the mailing address that you registered with, and your new predicted finish time to Customer Service.
- After the event deadline: If your training has gone better than expected, and you would like to move up to a faster corral, pick up your race number at the Health & Fitness Expo and then proceed to the “Corral Change” table to be re-assigned to the appropriate corral. To move back to a slower corral, simply start in that corral on race morning. No official corral change is necessary.
- Entry fees are non-refundable and non-transferable. No exceptions.
- Once we receive and accept your entry, you will not receive a refund if you cannot participate, you may not give or sell your race number to anyone else, and you may not transfer your entry fee to future races.
- If you attempt to sell your race number, you may be banned from future Competitor Group events for three years.
- You must be at least 18 years old to participate in the Marathon and 12 years old to participate in the Half Marathon or 2-Person Half Marathon Relay. You must be 10 years old to participate in the 10K. You must be 8 years old to participate in the Mini Marathon or 5K.
- You must be in good health and physically prepared to take on the challenge of a Marathon or Half Marathon.
- You must show photo ID to receive your race number and timing chip.
- You must pick up your own race packet and race number at the Health & Fitness Expo.
- Race numbers are required to participate.
- No coaches, handcycles, bikes, in-line skates, skateboards, baby joggers or dogs will be allowed on the course. For more information about handcycles, click here.
- Overall winners will not qualify for their age group category awards.
Registration Refund Program provided by Transamerica
We've got your back if you can't make it with our Registration Refund Progam. For only $10.00 you can request a 100% refund of your registration fee, including processing fee, if you (or your relay team you're a part of) are unable to participate due to covered reasons such as injury, illness, pregnancy and unexpected travel delays. Learn more about what's covered click here. **Purchase of registration refund MUST be done at the time of your original registration, no exceptions
If a registration refund is not purchased at the time of registration, entry fees are NON-REFUNDABLE and entries are NON-TRANSFERABLE. Sorry, no exceptions. Once we receive and accept your entry, you will not receive a refund if you cannot participate. You may not give or sell your number to anyone else. You also may not transfer your application to the following year or another Competitor Group event.
To ensure that roads reopen to vehicular traffic at the scheduled times, the course time limits will be STRICTLY ENFORCED. Participants must maintain a pace faster than the course time limits in order to complete the race on closed city streets. A cut-off location will be enforced on the course; runners or walkers who do not reach the cut-off location by this time will be stopped and shuttled to the finish line area. Please note – this is timing tag time, not gun time. Course time limits begin when the last participant and Tail Vehicle cross the start line.
If a participant’s pace falls below the course time limit, they have a few options:
- Increase their pace to stay within the event minimum pace;
- Board a “sag wagon” shuttle to move forward on the course, where they may continue to participate in the event, maintaining the minimum pace required; or
- If the participant cannot continue, they may board a sag wagon to be dropped off at the next shuttle location, at a nearby medical station. The participant will be seen by a Medical Team captain to be cleared for the medical shuttle to transport the participant to the finish line.
Information Booths will be positioned at the start and finish to assist you with any race day questions and help you find your way. The Information Booths will also serve as the race day Lost & Found. Any valuables found at the start or finish should be turned in to the Information Booth. Items from the start will be transported to the finish.
Any valuable items NOT claimed at the finish by 3 pm will be trucked back to our San Diego office. To claim a lost item after the event, please contact Competitor Group at 800-311-1255.
The Medical Team is a dedicated group of multidisciplinary medical professionals, available to help assess your race day medical needs and administer acute first aid when necessary.
Numerous medical stations will be located at the Finish as well as at the start and along the course. Look for large RED and WHITE tents and for our medical volunteers dressed in RED shirts for complimentary help before, during and after the race.
Age group awards will be presented 3-deep in all divisions, for both the marathon (where applicable) and half marathon, for male and female categories. Top 3 overall male and females are excluded from the age-group awards and can only receive one prize. Awards will be mailed within 4 to 6 weeks of results being finalized. In accordance with USATF Rules, overall and cash awards will be determined by gun time while age group awards will be determined by your ChronoTrack time.
State of the art ChronoTrack systems will be used to record participants’ times at the start, at certain splits along the courses and at the finish. The ChronoTrack system uses a disposable tag, called a D Tag, which allows you to walk away from the finish without the need to have your tag collected.
The ChronoTrack timing tag (D Tag) will be attached to your race bib. The D Tag will be labeled with a number that matches your race number. When you pick up your bib, please make sure these numbers match, and also verify that YOUR name is printed on the bib you are issued*. Proceed to the Solutions Table if any of the information is incorrect.
Prior to the race, you must remove the tag from your number and attach it to your shoe. Please follow the instructions provided in your registration packet.
PLEASE NOTE: All participants in this race must wear the ChronoTrack timing tag on your shoe in order to have their times recorded. ChampionChip timing equipment will NOT be used at this race; ChampionChip timing chips will NOT record your time.
*If you register for the race before online registration closes, your ChronoTrack timing tag should have your name printed on it.
Visit chronotrack.com for more information.
Printable ChronoTrack systems instructions
- Scenic course highlighting host cities famous sites
- Live, local bands along the course
- Spirited cheer squads lining the course
- Brooks Technical Participant Shirt
- Official Finisher Certificates
- Finishers Medal
- Gear Bag
- Plentiful Course Support
- Free Admission to the Finish Line Festival and Post Race Concert (where applicable)
- Free Admission to the 2 day Health & Fitness Expo
In an effort to provide every one of our participants with as comfortable a run as possible, the Wave Start will be incorporated in most Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon Series events.
Participants are assigned to an appropriate corral based on the projected finishing time submitted on their entry form. Typically, there are multiple waves assigned to several of the finishing times. All spectators should be aware of this when organizing their viewing schedule for the day.
- When the gun fires, the first corral will be released. The rest of the participants will be held at the start line.
- At pre-determined intervals the next corral will be released.
- By using this staggered starting method, the pack will be spread out and allow every runner to settle into their racing rhythm from the first step right to the finish line.
Before you enter your assigned corral, drop-off your pre-race/post-race clothing and belongings at the Gear Check. While you run, your gear will be held at Gear Check.
Each participant will receive a large, durable gear bag at the Health & Fitness Expo when you pick up your packet that will serve as your gear bag on race day. Gear Check trucks will be arranged alphabetically and by truck number near the Start Line. Attach your gear tag to your gear bag before you leave it with the Gear Check crew. After the race, reclaim your checked bag at the designated Gear Check area.
Please note: DO NOT leave valuables, cash or jewelry in your gear bag. The event is not responsible for any lost items. Gear bags must be claimed before close of the Finish Line Festival on race day.
Once you cross the finish line, you’ll enter the Secure Zone, a fenced off area designated for participants only. In the Secure Zone, have your photo taken, refuel with water and refreshments and receive your finisher’s medal. Once you leave the Secure Zone, you cannot re-enter. Just outside of the Secure Zone, you can retrieve your gear bag and join family and friends for the Finish Line Festival.
After the race, reunite with family and friends in the Family Reunion area and relish in your post race accomplishment with refreshments and live music at the finish line stage. With a large number of participants and thousands of excited spectators, it can be difficult to locate friends and family without a plan. It is highly recommended that you designate a meet-up location for friends and family BEFORE the race in the Family Reunion area. The Family Reunion area will post tall, clearly-marked signs by Letter (A – Z), so be sure to coordinate and plan to meet at a pre-determined letter.