Nashville: Road Closures
Information for the 2015 St. Jude Country Music Marathon & ½ Marathon on Saturday, April 25, 2015 is now available. All information provided on this page is subject to change.
- The St. Jude Country Music Marathon & ½ Marathon will bring over 30,000 runners and walkers to Nashville, in addition to tens of thousands of spectators, family and friends.
- KiDS ROCK presented by YMCA of Middle Tennessee on Sunday, April 26 will have over 6,000 child participants!
- To get the most out of your weekend and minimize stress, be aware of the road closures in your area and plan ahead for an alternate route or added travel time.
- Join the fun! Nashville residents are encouraged to visit the free Health & Fitness Expo at the Nashville Convention Center, volunteer during race weekend, line the course to cheer runners to the finish.
- Course Map*
- Road and Freeway Ramp Closure Grid*
- Alternate Directions around Road Closures*
- No Parking Zones*
- Race Information*
- Course Map with Alternate Routes*
- Alternate Access Notes for Course Map*
*Requires free Adobe Reader to view and print
Road Closures on Saturday, April 25 — Be Aware. Plan Ahead.
Runners start downtown at Broadway and 4th Avenue and finish at LP Field. Course highlights include Music Row, Belmont Boulevard, 12 South, the Gulch, Metrocenter, Bicentennial Mall, East Nashville and Shelby Park.
Please review the road closure grid and course map for more information. Residents and businesses located near the race course are urged to plan ahead and be aware of road closure schedules and alternate access routes.
Drivers are encouraged to adjust travel time within and around the race course. The races begin at 6:45 am. Most road closures and detours along the routes will be in effect between 6:00 am and 1:30 pm on Saturday. At 6:00 am, police and event personnel will implement a soft closure along the entire race course.
Streets reopen on a rolling basis when the last participant passes and course support materials are removed. Streets along the earlier miles of the route open earlier than roads along the end of the route. At most points along the course, pedestrians and bicyclists may cross the course during safe gaps in runners, at the discretion of traffic officers.
Road Closures on Sunday, April 26 for KiDS ROCK
Please also plan ahead for road closures in downtown Nashville on Sunday, April 26. From 1:00 PM to 6:00 PM, the following streets will be closed for the ING KiDS Rock race. At most points along the course, pedestrians and bicyclists may cross the course during safe gaps in runners. Please follow the discretion of a traffic controller if present
- Union Street from 3rd Avenue North to the Woodland Street Bridge
- Woodland Street from the Bridge to Interstate Drive
Interactive Road Closure Map
This map outlines the road closures, highlights alternate routes and provides access information for popular destinations which will be affected by road closures during the race. At most points along the course, pedestrians and bicyclists may cross the course during safe gaps in runners. Please follow the discretion of a traffic controller if present. Google Maps does NOT take into account the road closures on race day. To request assistance with alternate directions please contact the Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon Series community relations team by completing the community contact form.
Alternate directions around road closures for key areas of town are here.
Streets along the race course will be marked with No Parking signs approximately 72 hours before the event. By law, vehicles in violation of these posted signs will be ticketed and towed at the owners’ expense. See a list of no parking zones here.
On Saturday, April 25, several MTA bus routes will be on detour. For more details, visit www.nashvillemta.org or contact the Metropolitan Transit Authority office at (615) 862-5950.
For More Information
If your question is not answered on this website, please complete this community contact form so we may better assist you.