New Orleans: Health & Fitness Expo
For two days, over 60 exhibitors will offer free samples, showcase the latest in running gear, sports apparel, health & nutritional information and much more. Pick up some last-minute race essentials before race day and be sure to visit the Brooks Official Merchandise Store. All runners must visit the expo to pick up their race number, gear bag and t-shirt.
- Dates: January 23 – 24, 2015
- Location: New Orleans Morial Convention Center, Hall J [map]
- Expo Hours: Friday, January 23, 12pm – 6pm & Saturday, January 24, 9am – 5pm
- Free Admission: Open to the public
- Please note that parking at the New Orleans Morial Convention Center is $10 and will apply for the Expo on Friday and Saturday. This fee is issued by the New Orleans Morial Convention Center.
- There are alternate lots and parking meters available in downtown New Orleans
- Coming from downtown, midtown or uptown? Consider using the streetcar.
- Directions: For directions, please visit the New Orleans Morial Convention Center web site
- Feed the Children Food Drive: Feed the Children will be collecting non-perishable food items. Please visit their collection area next to the Information booth
- Register for 2016: The 2016 Rock ‘n’ Roll New Orleans Marathon & 1/2 Marathon will be held on February 28, 2016. Get in early for the guaranteed best price of the year! Presale registration is available online or at the Health & Fitness Expo for a limited time.
- Marathon: $50
- Half Marathon: $50
- 10K: $25
- Presale pricing ends 2/1/15 at 11:59pm PST
- Official Artist Poster: Stop by the Official Artist Poster booth (booth #233) at the expo to purchase this year’s special “Southern Charm” official race poster with partial proceeds benefitting the Claire Marie Foundation.
- The Claire Marie Foundation was established in 2014 following the death of Claire Marie Wagonhurst, a 17 year old Maryland High School student who lost a long battle with adolescent melanoma as a result of changes her body went through during puberty. As Claire wrote in her college essay, “My friends got zits. I got melanoma.” Claire was an artist, athlete, and inspiration to all who met her or learned of her story. She passed away one day after learning she had been accepted into college to study design. The Claire Marie Foundation works to raise awareness, clarity and hope in the fight against adolescent melanoma while celebrating the joy, color and beauty that Claire embraced everyday.
- Your tax deductible donations to the Claire Marie Foundation can be made through the Baltimore Community Foundation at http://www.bcf.org.
- CPR Training at the Medical Information Booth (Booth #128)
The Rock ‘n’ Roll New Orleans Marathon & 1/2 Marathon benefiting Feed the Children features a the two-day Health & Fitness Expo prior to the race, where all participants must pick up their race packets. Free and open to the public, this expo features the latest in running technologies, fitness apparel, health and nutrition information and interactive displays. For more information regarding exhibiting at the expo, please visit our Exhibitor Information page.