New Orleans: Road Closures
This information on this page is from the 2014 Rock ‘n’ Roll New Orleans Marathon & Half Marathon. Information on this page is subject to change.
- Road Closure Grid*
- Course Map*
- Alternate Access Directions to St. Patrick’s Church*
- Alternate Access Directions for Residents East of Marconi*
- Alternate Access Directions for Popular Places*
*Requires free Adobe Reader to view and print
Be Aware. Plan Ahead.
Drivers are encouraged to adjust travel time within and around the race course.
- The Rock ‘n’ Roll New Orleans Marathon and ½ Marathon will bring thousands of runners and walkers to New Orleans, in addition to thousands of spectators, family and friends.
- To get the most out of your weekend and minimize stress, be aware of the road closures in your area and plan ahead for an alternate route or added travel time.
- Join the festivities! New Orleans residents are encouraged to visit the free Health & Fitness Expo at the Morial Convention Center, volunteer during race weekend and/or line the course to cheer runners.
Interactive Road Closure Map
This map outlines the road closures, highlights alternate routes and provides access information for popular destinations which will be affected by road closures during the race. Google Maps does NOT take into account the road closures on race day. To request assistance with alternate directions please contact the Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon Series community relations by completing the community contact form.
Most road closures and detours will be in effect between the hours of 6:00 am and 3:00 pm on Sunday, February 2. Between 6:00 am and 7:00 a.m., Police and event personnel may implement a soft closure along the entire race course. The races begin at 7:00 am. The streets will reopen on a rolling basis as soon as the last participant has passed and all course support materials have been removed. Streets along the earlier miles of the routes will open earlier than roads along the end of the routes. Please review the road closure grid and course map for more information. Residents and businesses located near the race course are urged to plan ahead and to be aware of road closure schedules and alternate access routes.
RTA’s St. Charles Streetcar service will not operate until all runners have cleared St. Charles Avenue. Buses will replace Street Cars on St. Charles beginning at 3:30 am until 11 am on race day. The following routes will experience delays or detours during the event: 91-Jackson Esplanade, 16-S.Claiborne, 55-Elysian Fields, 11-Magazine, 27-Louisiana, and 24-Napoleon. Please check the New Orleans Regional Transit Authority transit route website at http://www.norta.com or call (504) 248-3900 for more information.
Streets along the race course will be marked with No Parking signs. Vehicles in violation of these posted signs will be ticketed and towed at the owners’ expense. View a list of no parking zones here.
For More Information
If your question is not answered on this website, please complete this community contact form so we may better assist you.