New York 10K: Road Closures
Information about road closures for the 2012 Rock ‘n’ Roll New York 10k is available now. Additional information will be posted as available. Information on this page is subject to change.
- The Rock ‘n’ Roll New York 10k will bring more than 7,000 runners and walkers to Brooklyn, plus thousands of spectators, family and friends.
- To get the most out of your weekend and minimize stress, be aware of the road closures in your area and plan ahead for an alternate route or added travel time.
- Join the festivities! Providence residents are encouraged to visit the free Health & Fitness Expo at the Rhode Island Convention Center, volunteer during race weekend and/or line the course to cheer runners.
*Requires free Adobe Reader to view and print
Be Aware. Plan Ahead.
Please review the road closure grid and course map for more information. Residents and businesses located near the course are urged to plan ahead and be aware of road closure schedules and alternate access routes when planning race day travel.
Most road closures and detours will be in effect between 7:00 am and 9:15 am. Prior to the event, police and event personnel will implement a soft closure along the entire race course. The race begins at 7:30 am. Streets will reopen on a rolling basis as soon as the last participant has passed and all course support materials have been removed.
Interactive Road Closure Map
This map outlines the road closures, highlights alternate routes and provides access information for popular destinations which will be affected by road closures during the race. Google Maps does NOT take into account the road closures on race day. To request assistance with alternate directions please contact the Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon Series community relations team by completing the community contact form.
Streets along the race course will be marked with No Parking signs. Vehicles in violation of these posted signs will be ticketed and towed at the owners’ expense. View a detailed list of no-park areas here.
For More Information
If your question is not answered on this website, please complete this community contact form so we may better assist you.
- Saturday, October 12, 2013
- Start Time: 7:30 am
The 10k course will be located within beautiful tree-lined prospect Park, and will be flat, fast and festive.
There will be two days of Packet Pick Up. Locations and times will be announced soon.
- Thursday, October 10: TBA
- Friday, October 11: TBA
- Finish Line Festival with music, food & beverages
- Headliner Concert immediately after race at Finish Line