Pasadena: Charity- CureMito!
Who or What is CureMito!?
We are a California based nonprofit charity composed of a partnership between the families of children with mitochondrial functional disorders and the business community. Although an independent organization, we have strong connections to Children’s Hospital Los Angeles
Our Mission: To establish and support a local center of excellence for the innovative research, treatment and education in mitochondrial disease and functional disorders.
Our Vision: Our vision is to enable families affected by mitochondrial dysautonomia and functional disorders to benefit from the clinical treatment and labratory research provided by Dr. Boles and his colleagues and to raise money for the research needed to improve these existing treatments.
What is Mitochondrial Disease?
Mitochondria are the energy suppliers to the entire body. Everything from muscle function to digestion, heart and kidney function and much more are made possible by the energy from mitochondria. Defects in the mitochondria’s ability to provide this energy can cause major illnesses including Autism, Cyclic Vomiting Syndrome, SIDS, firbromayalgia, severe migraine, chornic fatigue syndrome, chronic pain and others. Children with mitochondrial disease often have several dysfunctions at once making diagnosis and treatment extremely difficult. Some diseases are fatal and other, non-lethal dysfunctions can mean a lifetime of suffering.
Make a difference in the lives of children who suffer form mitochondrial dysfunctions!
Come run or walk for Team Mito and we’ll give you….
- Your registration paid by us – a $100 value
- The option to train with a local team and make it a social exercise
- Exclusive pasta dinner the night before and a chance to mingle with our celebrities and VIPS
- One free entry into our pasta gala raffle for some really great gifts
- A posh swag bag of cool stuff that will make the other runners jealous
- Best of all – you will put a huge smile on all the faces of the children who suffer from mitochondrial disorders!!!
- Sunday, February 16, 2014
- Half Marathon: TBD
- Mini Marathon: TBD
Looped course with start and finish at the Rose Bowl. Scenic route passing through Old Town Pasadena