Raleigh: Road Closures
The course map for the Rock ‘n’ Roll Raleigh Marathon & 1/2 Marathon is now available. Additional information about road closures, no parking zones, alternate directions, etc. will be available soon. All information provided on this page is subject to change.
- 2015 Course Map*
- Road Closure Grid* – coming soon
- No Parking Grid* – coming soon
- Metering Locations* – coming soon
- Race Information* – coming soon
- Course Map with Alternate Routes* – coming soon
- Alternate Access Notes for Course Map* – coming soon
- Community Road Closure & Alternate Access Map–Downtown* – coming soon
- Community Road Closure & Alternate Access Map–Hillsborough, Wade* – coming soon
*Requires free Adobe Reader to view and print
Church Access Directions & Passes
Alternate directions to help church members avoid road closures on race morning will be posted here and distributed to churches closer to the date of the race. At that point, click on your church for specific directions. Print out and carry with you on race morning for reference!
|Christ Church||Haitian Evangelical|
|Christ the King Presbyterian||Hillyer Memorial Christian|
|Davie St Presbyterian||Holy Trinity|
|Edenton St Methodist||Sacred Heart|
|Emmanuel Pentecostal||St. Paul AME|
|Fairmont United Methodist||Trinity United Methodist|
|First Baptist – Salisbury St||Tupper Memorial Baptist|
|First Baptist – Wilmington St||United House of Prayer|
|First Church of Christ Scientist||Unity Church|
|First Presbyterian||Victory Tabernacle|
|Forest Hills Baptist Good Shepherd||Vintage Church|
Be Aware. Plan Ahead.
Drivers are encouraged to adjust travel time within and around the race course.
- The Rock ‘n’ Roll Raleigh Marathon & 1/2 Marathon presented by WRAL benefiting The V Foundation will bring 12,500 runners and walkers to Raleigh, in addition to thousands of spectators, family and friends.
- To get the most out of your weekend and minimize stress, be aware of the road closures in your area and plan ahead for an alternate route or added travel time.
- Join the festivities! Raleigh residents are encouraged to visit the free Health & Fitness Expo at the Raleigh Convention Center, volunteer during race weekend and/or line the course to cheer runners.
Interactive Road Closure Map
This map outlines road closures, highlights alternate routes and provides access information for destinations which may be affected by road closures during the race. At most points along the course, pedestrians and bicyclists may cross the course during safe gaps in runners. Please follow the discretion of a traffic controller if present. Google Maps does NOT take into account the road closures on race day. To request assistance with alternate directions please use our community contact form.
The race starts at 7:00 am. Most road closures will be in effect between 6:00 am and 4:00 pm. At most points along the course, pedestrians and bicyclists may cross the course during safe gaps in runners. Please follow the discretion of a traffic controller if present. Streets will reopen on a rolling basis when the last participant passes and course support materials are removed. Streets along the early miles of the route will reopen sooner than roads near the end of the route. Please review the course map and road closure grid for more information. Residents and businesses located near the race course are urged to plan ahead and be aware of road closure schedules and alternate access routes.
Cross-traffic will be metered across the route at designated intersections, at the discretion of traffic officers. During the race there may be periods of time when the runner pack is tight and vehicles may not be able to cross the course immediately. Please expect delays at these locations and plan your travel accordingly. A complete list of metering locations is here.
Detailed Community Access Information
Maps and details about road closures for specific areas such as those below will be provided closer to the date of the race.
- Community Road Closure & Alternate Access Map–Downtown
- Community Road Closure & Alternate Access Map–Hillsborough, Wade
Streets along the race course will be marked with No Parking signs. Vehicles in violation of these posted signs will be ticketed and towed at the owners’ expense. If your vehicle is towed off the race route, call 919-996-3335. A list of no parking zones is available here.
Raleigh Transit Authority Detours
On Saturday and Sunday, April 12-13 some CAT bus routes will be on detour due to road closures for the race. Please see the detoured routes for Saturday outlined here and for Sunday outlined here. These are subject to change. Please visit the CAT detour website here or call 919-485-7433 for details.
For More Information
If your question is not answered on this website, please complete this community contact form so we may assist you.