Raleigh: Road Closures
Information for the 2014 Rock ‘n’ Roll Raleigh Marathon & 1/2 Marathon presented by WRAL benefiting The V Foundation on Sunday, April 13 is now available.
- Course Map*
- Road Closure Grid*
- Metering Locations*
- Race Information*
- Course Map with Alternate Routes*
- Alternate Access Notes for Course Map*
- Community Road Closure & Alternate Access Map–Downtown*
- Community Road Closure & Alternate Access Map–Hillsborough, Wade*
*Requires free Adobe Reader to view and print
Be Aware. Plan Ahead.
Drivers are encouraged to adjust travel time within and around the race course.
- The Rock ‘n’ Roll Raleigh Marathon & 1/2 Marathon presented by WRAL benefiting The V Foundation will bring 12,500 runners and walkers to Raleigh, in addition to thousands of spectators, family and friends.
- To get the most out of your weekend and minimize stress, be aware of the road closures in your area and plan ahead for an alternate route or added travel time.
- Join the festivities! Raleigh residents are encouraged to visit the free Health & Fitness Expo at the Raleigh Convention Center, volunteer during race weekend and/or line the course to cheer runners.
Interactive Road Closure Map
This map outlines road closures, highlights alternate routes and provides access information for destinations which may be affected by road closures during the race. Google Maps does NOT take into account the road closures on race day. To request assistance with alternate directions please use our community contact form.
The race starts at 7:00 am. Most road closures will be in effect between 6:00 am and 4:00 pm. Streets will reopen on a rolling basis when the last participant passes and course support materials are removed. Streets along the early miles of the route will reopen sooner than roads near the end of the route. Please review the course map and road closure grid for more information. Residents and businesses located near the race course are urged to plan ahead and be aware of road closure schedules and alternate access routes.
Cross-traffic will be metered across the route at designated intersections, at the discretion of traffic officers. During the race there may be periods of time when the runner pack is tight and vehicles may not be able to cross the course immediately. Please expect delays at these locations and plan your travel accordingly. A complete list of metering locations is here.
Detailed Community Access Information
Download a map and details about road closures for specific areas.
Streets along the race course will be marked with No Parking signs. Vehicles in violation of these posted signs will be ticketed and towed at the owners’ expense. A list of no parking zones will be available here in coming weeks.
For More Information
If your question is not answered on this website, please complete this community contact form so we may assist you.