San Antonio: Mini Marathon
Experience all the Rock ‘n’ Roll Fun with a Shorter Run!
Get a taste of what the Rock ‘n’ Roll San Antonio Marathon & 1/2 Marathon benefiting Susan G. Komen™ is all about. Capture the spirit of the true Rock ‘n’ Roll experience in a shorter 3 Mile distance.
The first 250 people to register get a discounted price of $40!
Already signed up for the Half Marathon? Get your spectators involved! Sign them up for the Mini Marathon and they can run and then meet you at the finish line. It’s a great way to enjoy all the race day benefits together!
Event at a Glance:
Sunday, November 11, 2012
Mini Marathon Start Time: 7:30am
*45 Minute Time Limit
Start Line: Downtown San Antonio (S. Alamo Street & E. Market Street)
Finish Line: The Alamo
- Finisher Medal
- Brooks Technical Tee
- Swag Bag
- Four course bands, including a band at the Mini Finish Line at the Alamo
- Refreshments at the start and Mini Finish Line
- Finish Line Festival at the Alamodome (Cherry Street)
- Free beer at the Finish Line Festival
Registration and Packet Pick-up
- Online registration closes November 4, 2012.
- Mini Marathon Registration will be limited. If spots are open, registration may be available at the Health & Fitness Expo.
- Participants must be at least 8 years old.
- Each participant must attend the Health & Fitness Expo to pick up their race number, timing tag, and T-shirt.
- Photo IDs are required. All registered participants must bring their confirmation sheet.
- Race day packet pick-up is not available.
As a policy, all entries are non-refundable and non-transferable. You will not receive a refund for the mini marathon.
Mini Marathon Transportation
Mini Marathoners are encouraged to follow the marathoner/half marathoner plan to the start line. Please note if you check your gear bag at the start line, it will be taken to the main Finish Line Festival at the Alamodome rather than the mini finish line at the Alamo.
After the race, Mini Marathoners are encouraged to walk one mile to the Finish Line Festival at the Alamodome, where 21+ participants will receive one free beer (after 10am per Texas State Law), enjoy the headliner concert, and retrieve their gear bag if they checked one at the start line.
Switching from a Marathon/Half Marathon to a Mini Marathon**
- Before the event deadline: If you would like to switch from the Half Marathon to a Mini Marathon, simply email this request along with your first name, last name, the mailing address that you registered with, and your new predicted finish time to Customer Service.
- After the event deadline: If you decide to switch from the Half Marathon to the Mini Marathon, simply show up to the Mini Marathon start line on race morning and your timing tag will reflect the change. You can visit the corral change table in the Check-In area of the Expo for information on the appropriate corral to start in.
Switching from a Mini Marathon to a Half Marathon/Marathon**
- Before the event deadline: Upgrades from a Mini Marathon to the Half Marathon will be accepted only via phone by calling 1-800-311-1255. The early upgrade fee is $10 plus the cost difference between the current Half Marathon fee and the fee that was paid at the time of the original registration. (processing fee is not used in calculating price difference)
After the event deadline: If you would like to switch from a Mini Marathon to the Half Marathon you will need to pay a upgrade fee at the Expo. Please pick up your half marathon race number and proceed to the “Upgrade” table. You will be charged $10 plus the cost difference between the Half Marathon expo fee and the fee that was paid at the time of the original registration. (processing fee is not used in calculating price difference)