San Antonio: Road Closures
The information below was for the 2013 Rock ‘n’ Roll San Antonio Marathon and 1/2 Marathon. Information regarding the 2014 Rock ‘n’ Roll San Antonio Marathon and ½ Marathon road closures will be updated as soon as it becomes available. Information provided on this page is subject to change.
- Road Closure Grid* – Coming Soon!
- Detailed Course Map* – Coming Soon!
- No Park Zones* – Coming Soon!
- Course Map with Access Codes *- Coming Soon!
- Access Codes for Map *- Coming Soon!
- Race Information *- Coming Soon!
- Downtown Hotel Access Directions *- Coming Soon!
- Downtown Hotel Access Map*- Coming Soon!
*Requires free Adobe Reader to view and print
Be Aware. Plan Ahead.
Drivers are encouraged to adjust travel time within and around the race course.
- The Rock ‘n’ Roll San Antonio Marathon and ½ Marathon will bring tens of thousands of runners and walkers to San Antonio, in addition to thousands of spectators, family and friends.
- The Rock ‘n’ Roll San Antonio Bike Tour will start at 6:45 am. Cyclists will complete a 22 mile course, using streets already closed for the marathon.
- To get the most out of your weekend and minimize stress, be aware of the road closures in your area and plan ahead for an alternate route or added travel time.
- Join the festivities! San Antonio residents are encouraged to visit the free Health & Fitness Expo at The Alamodome, volunteer during race weekend and/or line the course to cheer runners.
Interactive Road Closure Map
This map outlines the road closures, highlights alternate routes and provides access information for popular destinations which will be affected by road closures during the race. At most points along the course, pedestrians and bicyclists may cross the course during safe gaps in runners. Please follow the discretion of a traffic controller if present. Google Maps does NOT take into account the road closures on race day. To request assistance with alternate directions please contact the Rock ‘n’ Roll marathon community relations team by completing the community contact form.
Most road closures and detours will be in effect between the hours of 3:30 am and 3:30 pm on Sunday, November 17. Beginning at 4:00 am, Police and event personnel may implement a soft closure along the entire race course. The bike tour begins at 6:45 am and the races begin at 7:30 am. At most points along the course, pedestrians and bicyclists may cross the course during safe gaps in runners. Please follow the discretion of a traffic controller if present. The streets will reopen on a rolling basis as soon as the last participant has passed and all course support materials have been removed. Streets along the earlier miles of the route will open earlier than roads along the end of the route. Please review the road closure grid and course map for more information. Residents and businesses located near the race course are urged to plan ahead and to be aware of road closure schedules and alternate access routes.
San Antonio Hotel Alternate Access Directions -
If you are staying in a downtown San Antonio hotel and need information about how to get in and out of your hotel on race morning please review these detailed directions or view this map for all downtown hotels.
Mission Library Access
Members of the public wishing to access Mission Library will need to approach the library from northeast. Exit I-37 and go west on Southcross Blvd, turn left on Roosevelt to access the entrance to the library. Or exit I-37 at Hot Wells Blvd and go west, turn right on Presa Street, left on VFW, and left on Roosevelt to access the entrance to the library. Access from the south will not be available until after 2 p.m.
Streets along the race course will be marked with No Parking signs. Vehicles in violation of these posted signs will be ticketed and towed at the owners’ expense. A complete list of No Parking Zones can be viewed here.
For More Information
If your question is not answered on this website, please complete this community contact form so we may better assist you.
At most points along the course, pedestrians and bicyclists may cross the course during safe gaps in runners. Please follow the discretion of a traffic controller if present