San Diego: 2-Person Relay
All the Marathon Fun, Just a Shorter Run!
The Rock ‘n’ Roll San Diego Marathon & 1/2 Marathon is pleased to announce registration is open for the 2-Person Half Marathon Relay! With a distance suitable for runners of all capabilities, the Relay offers an experience unlike any other!
By the numbers
- 400 Teams
- 2-Person Half Marathon teams
- 2 Legs (1st leg – 6 miles; 2nd leg – 7.1 miles)
- Each participant receives:
- Relay Medal
- Swag bag
- ChronoTrack timing tag
- Special race bib
- Beer: One free per person at the finish line festival
- Rock ‘n’ Roll branded baton: Each team member will receive one official drumstick, one of which will be designated as the official “team baton” for race day
- 3 Award categories:
- Male: For teams comprised of two males.
- Female: For teams comprised of two females.
- Mixed: Also referred to as “coed.” This division is for teams comprised of one male and one female.
- 1st, 2nd and 3rd place awards in each category
**Relay participants who complete the entire half marathon instead of the designated miles per leg will be disqualified and deemed ineligible for the awards and prizes.
Transition Zone: Adams Avenue between Mansfield and 35th Street
Relay Packet Pick-Up
- All participants must attend the Health & Fitness Expo to pick up their own race bib, timing tag, T-shirt and swag bag. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Photo IDs are required to pick up race bib and swag bag. All registered participants must bring their confirmation card.
- No race day packet pick-up available
As a policy, all entries are non-refundable and non-transferable. If you have registered for the half marathon and now want to run the CareFusion relay, you will have to register for the relay separately. You will not receive a refund for the half marathon.
Step-by-Step Online Registration Instructions
Online Team Registration Instructions – Team Captains
The Team Captain registers first, creates the team name, and pays for the team. Please follow these steps:
- Visit the “Rock ‘n’ Roll Relay Registration” page, click the “Continue Registration” button.
- Select the Half Marathon 2-Person Relay Category, click Continue.
- Returning users can use their Active.com email address and password, while first time users will need to enter their email address in the “New User” box.
- Complete all required fields for the Team Captain and agree to waiver and click “Continue.”
- Complete all required fields for the Team Member 2 and click “Continue.”
- Review Cart and then click “Check out.”
- On the Check out page, Enter Credit Card Information and then click “Complete Purchase”
- You will receive a Confirmation Receipt on the screen, print that out for your records.
Both the team captain and team member will receive an email within two weeks before the event to download final instructions and confirmation sheets.
Please call 800-311-1255 and ask for the Registration Department if you have any questions or concerns.