San Diego: 2-Person Relay
All the Marathon Fun, Just a Shorter Run!
The Suja Rock ‘n’ Roll San Diego Marathon & 1/2 Marathon is pleased to announce registration is open for the 2-Person Half Marathon Relay! With a distance suitable for runners of all capabilities, the Relay offers an experience unlike any other!
By the numbers
- 400 Teams
- 2-Person Half Marathon teams
- 2 Legs (1st leg – 6 miles; 2nd leg – 7.1 miles)
- Each participant receives:
- Relay Finisher’s Medal
- Brooks Technical T-shirt
- Gear bag
- ChronoTrack timing tag
- Special race bib
- Beer: One free per person at the finish line festival
- Rock ‘n’ Roll branded baton: Each team member will receive one official drumstick, one of which will be designated as the official “team baton” for race day. Please note: You do not need to carry your baton during the relay.
- 3 Award categories:
- Male: For teams comprised of two males.
- Female: For teams comprised of two females.
- Mixed: Also referred to as “coed.” This division is for teams comprised of one male and one female.
- 1st, 2nd and 3rd place awards in each category
**Relay participants who complete the entire half marathon instead of the designated miles per leg will be disqualified and deemed ineligible for the awards and prizes.
Transition Zone: TBD
Relay Packet Pick-Up
- All participants must attend the Health & Fitness Expo to pick up their own race bib, timing tag, T-shirt and swag bag. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Photo IDs are required to pick up race bib and swag bag. All registered participants must bring their confirmation card.
- No race day packet pick-up available
As a policy, all entries are non-refundable and non-transferable. If you have registered for the half marathon and now want to run the relay, you will have to register for the relay separately. You will not receive a refund for the half marathon.