San Jose: Entertainment
Live Music Every Mile
2012 San Jose Course Bands (subject to change)
Music makes up the heart and “sole” of this event. Live bands will be performing a variety of music from alternative, classic and punk rock, to blues, jazz and soul along each mile of the race course. The bands set the temp for this marathon party, where runners and spectators alike will be “dancin’ in the streets” to these mini-concerts.
BANDS WANTED TO PERFORM ALONG THE COURSE
Is your band ready to rock for thousands of athletes and spectators? The Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon Series has partnered with Entertainment Solutions, Inc. to locate the best, high-energy local music from all genres to perform along the race course.
If your band is interested in the opportunity to perform, visit the Entertainment Solutions, Inc. web site to submit your materials. Be prepared to complete a contact information form and stage plot and submit them with samples of your music and a publicity photo.
Spirit on the Course
Cheerleaders will line the entire 13.1 mile course ready to cheer participants on every step of the way.
Learn more about how your cheer team can get involved.
- Sunday, October 6, 2013
- 7:55 am - 1/2 Marathon Wheelchair Start*
- 8:00 am - 1/2 Marathon Wave Start
- 8:00 am - Mini Marathon Start
* 1/2 Marathon Wheelchair start times are for racing wheelchairs ONLY. Participants racing in everyday wheelchairs will start at the regular start times and be assigned corrals based on their projected finish times. NO hand -cycles will be allowed.
Flat & Fast, live bands every mile along the course. Avg. temperatures range between 54°-69°
- Finish Line Festival with music, food & beverages
- Headliner Concert immediately after race at Finish Line