San Jose: Volunteer
Volunteer Program Overview
Help support your community, as well as thousands of runners and the walkers by volunteering! With over 900 positions available there is a spot for everyone, including teams, corporate groups, or just friends and family. Click the blue “Race Crew” button below to volunteer for the Race Crew. Medical Race Crew information coming soon!
|Race Crew volunteers assist with nearly every aspect of the event, including the Health & Fitness Expo, Start Line, Finish Line, and the Water Stations along the course. Simply click either of the blue “Race Crew” buttons below to sign up online.
= Crucial Shifts: These shifts are difficult to fill! If you are able to attend any shift on this particular day, we encourage you to do so.
October 3, 4 & 5 – Health and Fitness Expo
|Sunday, October 6 – Start/Finish Line
|| Sunday, October 6 – Water Stations
|The Medical Team is dedicated to providing rapid assessment and administering acute first aid services to event participants. The team is made up of volunteers from many medical institutions within the local community. Be a part of this vital group of volunteers!
Shift Information:Coming Soon!
|All volunteers receive a T-shirt, Drawstring Backpack, Free Parking, Snacks & Water, Entry into prize drawings, Community Service hours if needed, and, of course, a great time helping others!|
|Have a group interested in volunteering? Contact us!|
|Download our Volunteer Positions Guide to learn more about the available volunteer positions at each shift.|
- Sunday, October 6, 2013
- 7:55 am - 1/2 Marathon Wheelchair Start*
- 8:00 am - 1/2 Marathon Wave Start
- 8:00 am - Mini Marathon Start
* 1/2 Marathon Wheelchair start times are for racing wheelchairs ONLY. Participants racing in everyday wheelchairs will start at the regular start times and be assigned corrals based on their projected finish times. NO hand -cycles will be allowed.
Flat & Fast, live bands every mile along the course. Avg. temperatures range between 54°-69°
- Finish Line Festival with music, food & beverages
- Headliner Concert immediately after race at Finish Line