KiDS ROCK Savannah
Register for only $10 from now until June 30, 2013
- Sunday, November 10, 2013
- Daffin Park in Savannah, GA
- Time: 2:00 pm
- Apply to be a Team Today! Read more below.
Finishing a marathon is child’s play with KiDS ROCK Savannah – a one-mile fun run for children in grades K – 7. This non-competitive, non-timed event is all about having fun and making it to the finish line.
Participants can become full marathon finishers by completing a 25.2-mile training program prior to race day or they can just run, walk or jog the one-mile course on race day. Every child is a winner and will be rewarded with an official race number, T-shirt, goodie bag, and colorful medal – just for finishing!
Run With Your Friends!
School/Team registration is now open. There is no fee to be a team, however you need a minimum of 10 registered participants. Being an official KiDS ROCK Team allows your team name to be listed in our registration system and allows you to pick-up your student’s race numbers and t-shirts. Please complete the online Intent To Form a Team Application.
For questions regarding team registration, please contact Ashley at email@example.com.
- $10: Now thru June 30
- $20: July 1 thru September 30
- $25: October 1 thru November 3
- $30: Registration at Expo
- *New This Year: Team Pricing. To be a team you must submit an Intent To Form a Team Application and have at least 10 participants. Individual registration for team members is $15 from July 1st thru November 3rd. ($10 entry fee per team member from now until June 30th.)
*Parents and/or Chaperones may choose to run with their kids, but do NOT need to register.
- Entry fees are NON-REFUNDABLE and entries are NON-TRANSFERABLE. No exceptions. Once we receive and accept your entry, you will not receive a refund if you cannot participate. You may not give or sell your race number to anyone else. You also may not transfer your application to the following year or to another Competitor Group event.
- Official Race Number
- Finisher’s Medal
- Goodie Bag
Each age group race is limited to 800 participants and will close when full. Online registration and hard copy entry forms will be accepted until each individual grade group race is closed.
Race Day Schedule | Sunday, November 10th
*Kindergarten distance is a half mile run.
**Start times may be altered slightly to provide a safe race experience for all kids. Each age group race is limited and will close when full.
Kids will enjoy the final mile of their marathon or half marathon on an energetic, fun filled course! Participants can rock out with live entertainment and relish in the glory as they cross the finish line. There, kids will receive a hard-earned finisher’s medal and be able to feast on healthy post-race refreshments.
- 1/2 mile: Kindergarten
- 1 mile run: grades 1st – 7th
- *New This Year: Family Fun Run in last race corral. Cross the Finish Line with the whole family by running in the last corral of the race!
The Start and Finish Line
The Start and Finish Line are in Daffin Park.
KiDS ROCK Training Guide and Activities Booklet
As participants in KiDS ROCK Savannah, you can become a marathon or half marathon finisher by accumulating 25.2 or 12.1 miles at your own pace over a span of 4,6 or 8 weeks with guidance from your parents or teachers. To get you groovin’ – check out the KiDS ROCK Training Guide where you will learn to set goals and discover that running is fun!
Health & Fitness Expo
Let the fun begin at the free Health & Fitness Expo. Kids can pick up all their race essentials, including race numbers, T-shirts, and goodie bags, plus check out over 130 exhibitors sampling and selling the latest in health and nutrition products, running gear and much more.
All race numbers must be picked up at the Expo. Race number pick-up is not available on race day.
More information to come!
Health & Fitness Expo: November 7th & 8th
Savannah International Trade & Convention Center
Halls A & B
One International Drive
Give a gift of health for a child in your community.
- $25 donation sponsors a child in need to run in the KiDS ROCK “Marathon”
- $50 donation sponsors a child in need to participate in a year long health and fitness program
Help A Kid Rock! – Volunteer
Enjoy the all fun without the run! Volunteers needed!
Check back for more information.
Kids ROCKED Savannah in 2012!
Savannah Morning News: Video & Spotted®: KiDS ROCK Savannah Marathon
WTOC: Little ones take over Daffin for Kids Rock Savannah Run
Ramping up for 2013: Hot ‘n’ Healthy: Time for Savannah kids to rock better health
For More Information
To become a sponsor of the KiDS ROCK Savannah event, please contact Ashley Swapp at firstname.lastname@example.org
- November 9, 2012
- Marathon Wave Start - 8:00am
- 1/2 Marathon Wave Start - 8:00am
Taste the flavor of sweet Southern charm at the second annual Rock ‘n’ Roll Savannah™ Marathon & ½ Marathon benefiting the American Cancer Society® on November 3, 2012!
- More information to come!
- November 7th & 8th
- Finish Line Festival with music, food & beverages
- Headliner Concert immediately after race at Finish Line