St. Louis: Road Closures
This page has information for the 2014 Quinn Family Foundation Rock ‘n’ Roll St. Louis Marathon & 1/2 Marathon. Information subject to change
- Event Information*
- Sunday Course Map*
- Alternate Access Notes and Map for Sunday races*
- Sunday Road Closure Grid*
- Saturday Course Map*
- Saturday Road Closure Grid*
- Freeway Road Closure Grid*
- No Parking Zones*
*Requires free Adobe Reader to view and print
Be Aware. Plan Ahead.
Drivers are encouraged to adjust travel time within and around the race course.
- New this Year! A 5k will now take place on Saturday, October 18th before the race. Please see above map and road closure grid for more information.
- The Quinn Family Foundation Rock ‘n’ Roll St. Louis Marathon, /2 Marathon & 5k will bring more than 12,000 runners and walkers to St. Louis, in addition to thousands of spectators, family and friends.
- To get the most out of your weekend and minimize stress, be aware of the road closures in your area and plan ahead for an alternate route or added travel time.
- Join the festivities! St. Louis residents are encouraged to visit the free Health & Fitness Expo at the America’s Center, volunteer during race weekend and/or line the course to cheer runners.
Interactive Road Closure Map
These maps outlines the road closures, highlights alternate routes and provides access information for popular destinations which will be affected by road closures during the race on Saturday and Sunday. At most points along the course, pedestrians and bicyclists may cross the course during safe gaps in runners. Please follow the discretion of a traffic controller if present. Google Maps does NOT take into account the road closures on race day. To request assistance with alternate directions please use our community contact form.
Saturday, October 18th 5k Map
Sunday, October 19th Marathon, Half Marathon & 5k Map
Most road closures and detours will be in effect on Sunday between the hours of 6:00 am and 2:45 pm. starting at 6:00 am, Police and event personnel will implement a soft closure along the entire race course, this closure is rolling with roads later in the close closing 1 hour prior to the first runner. At most points along the course, pedestrians and bicyclists may cross the course during safe gaps in runners. Please follow the discretion of a traffic controller if present. The full and half marathon races will start at 7:00 am, and streets will reopen on a rolling basis as soon as the last participant has passed and all course support materials have been removed. Streets along the earlier miles of the route will open earlier than roads along the end of the route. Please review the course map and road closure grid for more information. Residents and businesses located near the race course are urged to plan ahead and to be aware of road closure schedules and alternate access routes.
Streets along the race course will be marked with No Parking signs. Vehicles in violation of these posted signs will be ticketed and towed at the owners’ expense. For a list of No Parking area’s please click here.
Metro Transit Detours
On Sunday, October 19, several Metro Transit routes will be on detour. For more details, visit www.metrostlouis.org or contact the Metro Transit – St. Louis office at (314) 231-2345.
For More Information
If your question is not answered on this website, please complete this community contact form so we may better assist you.