Washington DC Local Area Training Programs
Looking for motivation and a fun group to train with? Join a local Rock ‘n’ Roll USA Training Program built just for you. See below for more specific information.
Metro Run and Walk Training Program
With a focus on proper form and mechanics, Metro Run and Walk’s program combines track workouts, endurance long runs, body-weight strength workouts, and coaching along the way to help you achieve your goals comfortably and injury free while having fun at the same time. Metro Run and Walk believes that their unique approach of focusing on balanced body strength workouts, core strength workouts, as well as speed and endurance run workouts, will better equip you to cross that finish line strong and injury free.
Cost – 16-Week Session $175; 12-Week Session $150
Duration – 16 Weeks (beginners): November 28 – March 17; 12 weeks (advanced) January 10 – March 17
Extras for signing up with Metro Run and Walk
- Coaching by RRCA Certified Running Coaches, Certified Pedorthist, and NASM Certified Personal Trainer
- Access to the Metro Run and Walk Online Training site
- Brooks Podium Technical T-Shirt
- Dedicated Brooks and Moving Comfort Fit night (gait analysis, bra fitting, product trial) for all training program participants
- Metro Run and Walk Technical T-Shirt
- Training support – water, gatorade, and sport nutrition provided at all workouts
- Free access to all Metro Run and Walk sponsored running events
- Free runs in partnership with the local running club, the Kingstowne Striders
- A GREAT opportunity to meet walking or running partners, discover new and exciting training routes in the area, and have fun in the process!
- Bonus: Free post-race 2-week recovery session, 3/18/2012 – 3/31/2012
Four workouts per week
- Tuesday track workout
- Thursday strength and conditioning workout
- Saturday and/or Sunday endurance run workout
- Saturday, March 15, 2014
- 7:30am - Marathon Start
- 7:30am - Half Marathon Start
- Complete Course Info TBD
This is the only marathon to run entirely in Washington, D.C. Enjoy a scenic journey through our Nation’s capital, running through downtown DC, various quaint neighborhoods, historic sites such as Union Station and the National Mall with a view of the White House, and along the Anacostia River.
- Spend St. Patrick’s Day with Rock ‘n’ Roll. There’s sure to be some great parties filled with green beer. More information coming soon.