Virginia Beach: Rock ‘n’ Roll Relay
Would you like all the half marathon fun, but not as much run? Try the Rock ‘n’ Roll 2-Person Relay. Grab a friend, family member, co-worker or even a stranger and take on this run together! The first leg is 7.9 miles and the second leg is 5.2 miles. Grab a buddy and register now!
By the Numbers
*subject to change
Preliminary Transportation Plan*
Both the first and the second runner on each relay team go to the start line village on race morning. *Subject to change
Shuttle Plan for Running #1
- Runner #1 will start with the half marathon participants at the start line in their appropriate corral, and run to the exchange point at mile 7.9. Pass the drumstick baton off to Runner #2, and receive an Official Finisher’s Medal. The exchange zone will also have light refreshments for Runner #1. After the exchange, Runner #1 will be directed to the Relay Shuttles that will transport Runner #1 to the finish line .
Shuttle Plan for Running #2
- Runner #2 will go to the start line on race morning and get on a shuttle marked RELAY SHUTTLE that will take them to the relay exchange point near mile 7.9 where you will wait for runner #1 to pass off the drumstick baton to you before takeoff to the finish line festival!
Relay Gear Check
There will be no gear check at the relay exchange zone. Both relay members must check your gear check bags at the UPS trucks in the Start Line Village prior to boarding their Relay Shuttle to the exchange zone. They will then be available for pick up at the finish line.
Registration and Packet Pick-up
- Registration is only available online, and closes August 26th, 2012 (11:59 pm PST).
- Captain must set-up team and pay for all members at time of registration. Each team member will need to complete online waiver before online registration closes, August 26th, to be eligible to participate.
- Participants must be at least 12 years old.
- Each team is required to have 2 members.
- Each relay member must attend the Health & Fitness Expo to pick up their race bib, timing tag, Brooks Technical Tee and goodie bag. You are not allowed to pickup for your teammate.
- Photo IDs and Confirmation Sheet are required.
- Race day packet pick-up is not available
As a policy, all entries are non-refundable and non-transferable. If you have registered for the half marathon and now want to run the relay, you will have to register for the relay separately. You will not receive a refund for the half marathon.
Relay participants who complete the entire half marathon or marathon instead of the designated relay distance will be disqualified from the race, deemed ineligible for awards and prizes and banned from all Competitor Group event indefinitely.
Step-by-Step Online Registration Instructions
Online Team Registration Instructions – Team Captains
The Team Captain registers first, creates the team name, and pays for the team. Please follow these steps:
- Visit the Rock ‘n’ Roll Virginia Beach Registration page , click the “Continue Registration” button.
2. Click to “Create a 2-Person Half Marathon Relay Team”.
3. Returning users can use their Race It e-mail address and password, while first time users will need to “Create an Account”.
4. Complete all required fields for Team Information and click “Continue”. Choose “Yes” if you will be one of the Relay team members and “No” if you are registering 2 other participants.
a. Once you click Continue, you will receive an e-mail from email@example.com to manage your team if you do not complete your registration in one sitting.
5. Complete all required fields for Team Member 1 and click “Continue”. Complete additional required fields for Team Member 1 and click “Continue”.
6. Click “Add a Member” on the Team Manager page to register Team Member 2.
7. Complete all required fields for Team Member 2 and click “Continue”. Complete all additional required fields for Team Member 2 and click “Continue”.
8. Confirm both team members are listed correctly and click the “Checkout” button.
9. On the Checkout page, enter Credit Card Information and click “Review Payment”.
10. Review your information and complete your purchase.
11. You will receive a Confirmation Receipt on the screen; print that out for your records.
Both the team captain and team member will receive an email within two weeks before the event to download final instructions and confirmation sheets.
Please call 800-311-1255 and ask for the Registration Department if you have any questions or concerns