Virginia Beach: Road Closures
Information regarding the Rock ‘n’ Roll Virginia Beach Half Marathon road closures will be available soon. Information provided on this page is subject to change.
- Road Closure Grid* – Coming Soon!
- Course Map* – Coming Soon!
- No Parking Zones* – Coming Soon!
*Requires free Adobe Reader to view and print
Be Aware. Plan Ahead.
Drivers are encouraged to adjust travel time within and around the race course. The course and road closures are remaining the same as last year, but it is advised to review road closure information again and plan accordingly.
- The Rock ‘n’ Roll Virginia Beach Half Marathon will bring thousands of runners and walkers to Virginia Beach, in addition to thousands of spectators, family and friends.
- To get the most out of your weekend and minimize stress, be aware of the road closures in your area and plan ahead for an alternate route or added travel time.
- Join the festivities! Virginia Beach residents are encouraged to visit the free Health & Fitness Expo at the Virginia Beach Convention Center, volunteer during race weekend and/or line the course to cheer runners.
Interactive Road Closure Map – **Coming Soon!
This map outlines the road closures, highlights alternate routes and provides access information for popular destinations which will be affected by road closures during the race. Google Maps does NOT take into account the road closures on race day. To request assistance with alternate directions please contact Matthew Robinette with the City of Virginia Beach at (757) 618-3839 or (757) 385-6651.
Most road closures and detours will be in effect between the hours of 6:00 am and 12 noon. At 6:00 am, Police and event personnel may implement a soft closure along the entire race course. The race begins at 7:00 am, and streets will reopen on a rolling basis as soon as the last participant has passed and all course support materials have been removed. Streets along the earlier miles of the route will open earlier than roads along the end of the route. Please review the road closure grid and course map for more information. Residents and businesses located near the race course are urged to plan ahead and to be aware of road closure schedules and alternate access routes.
Streets along the race course will be marked with No Parking signs. Vehicles in violation of these posted signs will be ticketed and towed at the owners’ expense. View a list of no parking areas.
For More Information
If your question is not answered on this website, please feel free to contact Matthew Robinette with the City of Virginia Beach at (757) 618-3839 or (757) 385-6651 with additional questions.
- Flat, fast and fun with a stunning boardwalk finish.
- Live bands and local cheerleader squads lined along the course.
- Rock Around the Block Neighborhood competition
- Average low: 60's
- Average high: 80's
- View full course information
- 3-day Verizon Wireless American Music Festival
- Post-Race Beach Party